Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,275   Posts: 1,534,698   Online: 978

Thread: B &W Paper

Shooter
    35mm

B &W Paper

Hello.

I'm trying to find a slow B&W paper around ISO 6 10X8 not too expensive. I thought all papers were this speed but the one I bought was ISO 640 ! As you can tell I'm a beginner so any recommendations ?

SPG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you going by the printed ISO for the paper? That number has no meaning if used as paper negative. The only purpose that number serves is as a guide to compare to other paper when printing. The only way to know what ISO for shooting in a camera is by testing and taking notes of exposure times (and aperture if using a lens). Paper can be as high as iso 12 or 25 and as slow as 3 for metering purposes.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    The odd thing is that with an f stop of 333 in sunlight, it took around 15 seconds to make a good print whereas I was expecting at least 1 minute. I used Kentmere VC Select Fine Lustre and Ilford multi diluted at 9+1.

SPG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget to preflash your paper, helps cut the contrast for a better negative. You can also shoot graded paper for better negatives, no need for a filter like you have to use with MG paper. Check out this site for more info on pinhole photography.
    http://www.f295.org/Pinholeforum/forum/Blah.pl
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin