Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,433   Online: 890

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi there

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For the film for 135 film, I use the clicker system like : http://www.matchboxpinhole.com/clicker.html

Very convenient, even if people think you are stupid when you listen in a strange box you use like a camera.

1 mm for the diameter of you hole is really to big. I am not a big fan of formula (you can easaly find 10 different formula with different results, see here*). But clearly, 1 mm for a 28 mm focal will oblige you to very short exposures. You should try with a 0.2 or 0.3 mm hole.

ISO 200 can be OK. I use FP4+ and devellop at ISO 50. But 200 is still manageable.

Like bvy, I recommand the Populist, very fun and very good to start with.

*In French, but you will understand formulas and curves

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Uff, I will use a bigger box, with which my phone came in.The focal length will be ~50 mm.The pinhole I think will be 1mm in diam.Still, I have to get wich settings are good for my film.

Shooter
    Pinhole

This is iiiiiiiiiiiiiit! I've done it!!! Obscura , my pinhole camera .
    )
    I have my 1st film in it, a 35mm b&w.Hope I did this right.
    F120
    focal length ~52mm
    f diam. ~0.42mm
    Last edited by Kinetic; 09-21-2011 at 02:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Still waiting for the film to be developed :/

Shooter
    Pinhole

These are the photos

The photos are all fuzzy.I guess my hand moved the camera.I did stick it to solid things, but I do not think it made the trick work.The hole it is not really round maybe.Or it's the focal length? I should redo the hole?maybe smaller?Can you guys give me an advice?
    The camera is ok, I've done it so I could use it for years, I hope )

Cheers and thank you for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000003.JPG   000058.JPG   000047.JPG   000005.jpg   000055.jpg  

000051.JPG   000006.JPG   000035.jpg   000038.JPG   000042.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I do not have the impression you moved. It seems to me that more link to size of the hole of its shape. Aloso it is a 135 film. This is clear with pinhole very rapidly when you enlarge such format you got blur photo.

But this is pinhole and hand made pinhole, so, do not expect to have sharp pictures.

An example of what I do with matcbox pinhole, your photo are very sharp compare to this one

An other example with a Populist

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I love your photos.They look great.Romary maybe you are right about the size and shape of the pinhole.That is why I will try today to change it, make it better.I found an old watch , it has small pieces put small holes too.Maybe I have a chance of getting that perfect pinhole.
    And Romary, can you post some more pictures done with your pinhole camera?I would really enjoy them.

Best wishes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    There are no limits but it is easier if you can develop film or paper because you can also make paper negatives cheaply.
    And with Ilford's direct positive paper, you can make positives,... directly!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I want to know how to use them properly.Are these ilford's expensive?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I haven't used it myself but here is some information direct from the manufacturer: http://www.ilfordphoto.com/download....1643311748.pdf

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin