Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,853   Online: 820

Shooter
    35mm

Noobie Intro and camera build photos

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Anthony or AJ for short....I just wanted to come in and say what a great forum and tons of great information here...been lurking for while and finally decided to join. I have been away from film photography for close to 25 years, recently I have gotten back into the hobby but using digital... in recent weeks I was introduced or should i say re-introduced to pinhole photography. Having built the oatmeal can camera some 25+ years ago during a high school art class i decided that even though the process may be old it shouldnt meant the means should be old as well.....so i decided to build a couple of pinholes and give it a shot.... these photos are of a 35mm pinhole camera body i built today...using pinhole designer to determine focal length and pinhole size.... taking to body measurements from a camera that i am actually interested in purchasing on ebay...just thought i would sign up and say hello and thanks for all the great information...looking forward to getting this body finished and running some film through it....
    AJ
    the body is made from 1/4 MDF board cut and glued. 6.5"w x 2.25" h x 2.87" d are the final body exterior dimensions
    focal length is 60mm and pinhole size is .30mm
    it is a 35mm X 88mm (area of exposure not remembering all my terminology)
    the pinhole is made in a sheet of metal from a soda can.
    I modeled the size from a camera i saw with images i like on ebay but i combined the design with a single roller style body. the camera will be a 1 shot camera, loaded in a darkroom and then taken apart in the darkroom. the film is stripped off the cassette and then is retracted back frame by frame into the cassette via the winder. I made a mistake while cutting and then had to re-design the top of the camera to make it light proof so I may just call this one "Sir Toppem Hat" as thats what it looks like when turned upside down... I have not yet sprayed the camera but I will give it 2 coats (interior) with a flat matte black and I still need to install the winder knob and shutter..but thats sunday's project.... thanks for checking out my camera and please comment and give me some advise...Im gonna need it.....lol....thanks again all!!!
    I cannot post pics until i hit a post count of 5 so ill be back there are a few shots ide like to put up here for advice

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AJ, if you subscribe you can post your PH photography in the gallery. Do you have a link so that we might take a gander at what you have as far as camera build and pics from the camera?
    By the way, welcome, glad to have another PH enthusiast.

Joel
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    sorry for some reason it didnt work for me the last time...these are some construction photo's of my new pinhole so far....any comments are appreciated thanks again for checking out my post
    aj
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pinhole2.jpg   pinhole3.jpg   pinhole4.jpg   pinhole5.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks Joel, I was posting them as links and see i need to have a certain post count to post links but didnt see the attachment button...like i said im new....lol....thanks for the welcome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks as if you are going to need a film gate to keep the film from warping and giving you funny images. I question you choice of loading methods but to each his own. Interesting camera tho. Have fun with it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I question you choice of loading methods but to each his own. Interesting camera tho. Have fun with it.
    I have given thought to using 2 35mm cassettes and still can with small modifications, as for the film gate i was considering using foam-core to keep the curl down and actually hold the film. just haven't got that far. I started this build this morning actually.
    thanks for the reply and comments joel...much appreciated
    aj

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's all about experimenting and having fun, keep it up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For 35mm using a empty film canister is a good idea . Also some type off clicker using the sprockets is a good idea too so you can keep count of how far to wind on. Keep us in the loop

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin