Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,635   Online: 903

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    What Ilford needs now is to make a monobath process kit to go with this. Almost-instant photography.
    I did formulate a Monobath suitable for paper processing back in the late 1970's, I still have my notes it would need tweaking very slightly for this paper

All the testing was done with Ilford papers and it gave excellent results, indistinguishable from conventional processing.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 09-21-2011 at 06:38 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I like the design, and it would seem to be lighter then using my Graphic. I wonder if an enterprising person might replace the pinhole with a real lens. If essentially doable it would be a sale for me even tho I would still want to use the pinhole.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I wonder if an enterprising person might replace the pinhole with a real lens.
    I was thinking of that too.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I was thinking of that too.

Steve.
    With the right focus helical from China and the most appropriate cone/lf lens combination it would be extremely easy.

Ian

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    film to lens distance would be key here to find a lens matching infinity focus?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    film to lens distance would be key here to find a lens matching infinity focus?
    While many lenses have back focus at shorter distances then their FL, a longer one of course could work with spacers, and don't forget a helical will take up space as well. My thought is a 110 cone with a helical might support a 127-135mm lens. The question is how stiff the cone is. Really, it is just another option to sell bodies if their hand is played right.
    Last edited by waynecrider; 09-21-2011 at 04:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    With the right focus helical from China
    Or even my home made (or modified) version on my 6x12 camera (link below). I have been thinking about ways to make a 5x4 version, although this Ilford camera is a bit expensive to use just as a film holder.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Or even my home made (or modified) version on my 6x12 camera (link below). I have been thinking about ways to make a 5x4 version, although this Ilford camera is a bit expensive to use just as a film holder.

Steve.
    Hey Steve where's your link, I wanna look.

How much were the Hobo's btw? At least you get paper and film and the frame looks pretty good.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Hey Steve where's your link, I wanna look.
    Isn't it showing up in the signature line of my posts? It is for me.

If not, it's here: http://stevesmithphoto.webs.com/pano612.html

Steve.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin