Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,198   Online: 1102

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lenox Laser makes a great product IME. Expensive, but if you are after the best sharpness you can get from a pinhole, it's the way to go.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i bought from william christiansen back in the day he was called
    minute aperture ... he's on ebay and goes by the name "pinholebilly" .
    great pinholes at a great price

here's an interview with him

http://www.withoutlenses.com/article...ole-is-pinhole

and here is his website
    http://www.pinholeedun.com/Welcome.html
    Last edited by jnanian; 09-23-2011 at 07:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Most accurate pinholes made by chemicals. There was a British or American inventors who tries to collect preorders and make 35mm camera pinholes. I think someone can may be remember them. After learning their names , contact with them and learn who does the etching. Again , may be at APUG or f295 , someone knows the company does these stuff.

Umut

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the resources, everybody.

About measuring diameters, I mounted my pholes on a 35mm slide and projected it, then a little algebra. I had a chance to put them under a scope with a micrometer slide, and they are surprisingly accurate.

Shooter
    35mm
    +1 to what Shane said... was going to point you to Earl anyways..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ullsmith View Post
    . . . Looking to replace all my pholes with fresh laser drilled. Can these be made with a +/- .01mm tolerance? I have all my cameras set to about f250, that is, I did the math for the hole-to-film plane distance, and I made a few dozen holes and selected the ones closest to make the math work. . . .
    There is little need for pinhole diameter accuracy finer than several percent, even for critical pinhole photography. There is nearly a 2:1 ratio between the largest and smallest diameter pinholes commonly used for each focal length. Nor do the popular pinhole diameter calculators closely agree. Carefully made by hand pinholes can be as clean and accurate as laser drilled ones. More important is selecting the correct diameter for the focal length, color of the light used, angle of coverage, and magnification ratio.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I've used EMS apertures for years and they are Excellent. No need to spend any more than Earl's price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin