Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,171   Online: 1012

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

There Is An App For That ?

Pinhole Assist, can be found in the iTunes App Store !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks OK, pity you cannot store different reciprocity curves, not lots just a few films. It says you can adjust set curve but couldn't fond out how.

Shooter
    Pinhole

There Is An App For That ?

Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Looks OK, pity you cannot store different reciprocity curves, not lots just a few films. It says you can adjust set curve but couldn't fond out how.
    (I am the developer of the app) I just wrote the web page about custom curves yesterday. You will find there explanations: leborddelapiscine.blogspot.com
    Alternatively, If you have trouble, send me your data, I will write the file for you.

Regarding your request for differents curves,: Yes it is planned. In fact, there are 4 curves already integrated in the app, but there are hidden (lack of time for building the interface). Next major release will include these predefined curves and user curves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that I'll give it a go, but the question is were do you fing that file in iTunes? . It looks like there is just a look up table to set the values in, is that a correct understanding? I like the ability to off set the lightmeter reading so to calibrate it.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Thanks for that I'll give it a go, but the question is were do you fing that file in iTunes? . It looks like there is just a look up table to set the values in, is that a correct understanding? I like the ability to off set the lightmeter reading so to calibrate it.
    THat's two questions :

Answer 1 : to calibrate the cell, open the "settings" app (first screen of the springboard) you will find one entry labeled "pinhole assit". You can adjust the cell there.

Answer 2 : For changing the table values, open itunes; select your iphone/ipod. On the "Apps" settings, below the part where you can check/uncheck your azpp on the iphone, there is a list with app. Look for pinhole assist there. Clic on it. The file is displayed on the left. (see there http://leborddelapiscine.blogspot.co...chart-for.html )

My iTunes looks like that ( in french : replace "Assistant Sténopé with "Pinhole Assist") :

All this is detailled (with screenshots) in the "help" of the app ( circled (i) on bottom right on the main screen (I can't post the bitmap, it is too large).
    Last edited by pinholic; 10-06-2011 at 01:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I tried the app but measurement with the camera always results in 0 ev.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318006056.004842.jpg  

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by limnidytis View Post
    I tried the app but measurement with the camera always results in 0 ev.
    Definitly, there is a problem. The strange point is that the video is ok, but the program seems to fails to read the exif data.
    Thank you for reporting the problem. I need some more information:

- What is your iPhone/iPod model ?
    - What iOS version do you have ?

--> maybe we can continue on private mail.
    Last edited by pinholic; 10-07-2011 at 01:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Android?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    An update to Pinhole asist is available. It should cure the problem you have, limnidytis.

In addition (the following text is an excerpt of the update information) :
    * BETTER CELL ACCURACY,
    * BETTER INDICATION OF LONG EXPOSURES,
    * SUPPORT FOR HARMAN TiTAN CAMERA (f:206, 250 and 288),
    * ADDED DIAPHGRAM VALUES OF 2,4,8,16 for calibrating purpose (use these value to compare measure with your "classical" camera".
    * ADDED RATINGS SUPPORT

Shooter
    Pinhole
    With Pinhole Assist 1.5 now supporting multiple reciprocity charts, new charts were expected. Here they are.

A chart adapted from Jim Shull's The Hole Thing (the one I currently used for films)
    Several charts derived from formulas by Gadget Gainer on APUG forums :
    400TX
    TMX
    TMY
    HP5+
    100 Delta
    Several chart derived from formulas originating from Without Lenses website
    T max 400
    T max 100
    TRiX & Plus 125
    Ilford films
    A chart for Ilford films

free download here : http://leborddelapiscine.blogspot.co...r-pinhole.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin