Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day 2012
Dear Pinhole Photography Fan,
The twelfth annual Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day will be celebrated on Sunday, April 29, 2012. Please join the celebration! www.pinholeday.org If you are able to help with publicity or translations, especially Spanish, please email email@example.com.
The coordinators of the twelfth annual Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day are busy preparing for this upcoming major global festival. It will be the traditional last Sunday in April; the next one will be April 29, 2012. Anyone, anywhere in the world, who makes a pinhole photograph on Pinhole Day, can scan the image and upload it to the www.pinholeday.org website where it will become part of the premier gallery of lensless photography.
Last year, 3387 participants from 67 countries contributed images to the WPPD 2011 Gallery. Over 180 events - workshops, exhibits, lectures, etc. - were held throughout the world. All of these events were coordinated locally by volunteers.
If you don't have this celebration marked on your calendar please do it soon! Join the world in this joyous celebration of simple photography.
Watch the www.pinholeday.org website for more information. We are also on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/PinholeDay. We are also on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/PinholeDay2012
Please note that in 2011, Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day was the same day as the Easter holiday, and we accepted pinhole photographs taken over several days. For 2012, only photographs taken on Pinhole Day can be accepted in the gallery.
HOW YOU CAN HELP...
- We are looking for help with our publicity efforts in various countries and regions. These local or regional coordinators would be part of the team that our Publicity Coordinator, Paolo Aldi, is assembling to spread the word about our sublime, yet joyously wacky, annual pinhole exhibit. Mostly this would be emails to publications, schools, galleries and other groups in your area. If you would like to help with this effort, please contact publicity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Translators for the numerous languages provided on the website are important contributors to this international event. In addition to providing or updating translations for the website, these volunteers also help us respond to the many questions we receive in many languages. We especially need help this year with Spanish translations. We receive many support questions in Spanish, and it is helpful to get answers back to folks in their native language. Translators are also needed for French, Danish and Serbian. If you can help with translations, please contact email@example.com.
- If you'd like to organize an event, such as a workshop, lecture or a photo shoot, you can add it to the events calendar at http://www.pinholeday.org/events/?pid=addevent or contact the events coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. An event can be as simple as a pinhole excursion with friends or interested photographers, or it can be a workshop or exhibit. Check the "Workshop Resources" documents on the Pinhole Day Resource page for ideas.
- If you are a teacher, your students can participate in WPPD as a group. To do this, enter your class's participation as an event at http://www.pinholeday.org/events/addevent.php. Choose "classroom" as the type of event. Your class will be listed as a "group" in the gallery. When your class is selected from the group list, it will create a virtual exhibit of your students' work. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- If you are a graphic designer... we're interested in suggestions for a new, or alternative, logos. Please submit your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Another major holiday is in the works for April 29, 2012! We all look forward to your photograph in the 2012 gallery.
WPPD 2012 Coordinating Team
Tom Miller (Lead & Events - USA)
Nick Dvoracek (Support - USA)
Chuck Flagg (Education - USA)
Paolo Aldi (Publicity - Italia)
Gregg Kemp (Webmaster - USA)
Wolfgang Thoma (Translations - Belgium)
Looking forward to WPPD 2012.
Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
And sleep to dream till day
Of the truth that gold can never buy
Of the bawbles that it may.