Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,974   Online: 933

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No way, I am doing nearly this exact same project...!

I decided on an 8 inch (203mm) focal length, and just made a wooden box to fit some Lisco 8x10 holders that I picked up for cheap on eBay. Of course, film holders aren't 8" by 10", so I just traced an outline on wood and cut it to actual size. I ordered my pinhole from Lenox Laser in MD. The camera is nearly done, but I want to add some elastic to add some pressure to the back of the camera and hold the film holder in place. I may add a shutter, though the darkslide will probably make a good shutter as well, given that I'm going to start with paper negatives.

I have not worked with paper negatives before, but I have heard that a yellow filter or a 00 filter will help control contrast, and pre-flashing might also help.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Making a 4x5 or 8x10 is not much of a project, is a 30min job.. For a project you need to build a 40mm 6x6 roll film pinhole. But if 8x10 is the choice then a 140mm- 200mm range is nice, try sourcing Xray film,l you could get it from here (http://dlc.com.au/en/x-ray-equipment/x-ray-film.html) but check the Christmas thing.
    Don't forget to download Pinhole Designer off web (http://www.pinhole.cz/en/pinholedesigner/), and go to f295.org.
    Last edited by SMBooth; 12-17-2011 at 05:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin