Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,128   Online: 862

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pinhole Pentax

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nhemann View Post
    scan it at the highest possible resolution you can (mine is like 2000 dpi) enlarge that image in a graphics program - Gimp is free - and then select it with a circle tool to tell you how many pixels wide it is. Multiply: number of pixels * inches-per-pixel and voila - pinhole diameter!

I remeasured mine with a microscope once and the method was pretty damned accurate.
    What he said!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, thank you guys. This is going to be a cool little project. Cheap, and even easy with your help. This camera was the first luxury purchase my wife and I made in 1982 after I got my first real job out of college. It pains me to see it doing nothing on the shelf and using it this way makes a virtue of the dead light meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more thing.

To get the focal length, do I just measure from the film pressure plate to the outside-front edge of the body where the cap will be?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes.
    K.S. Klain

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    My dear old Pentax ME Super has lost it's light meter and has been sitting on the shelf looking forlorn and lost for a couple of years. But today I came across this:

http://www.pinholeresource.com/shop/...category_id=14

Toward the bottom there's one for Pentax K mount. I've never done pinhole photography, but it looks fun. Does anybody know how these caps work? It sure would be nice to use to start using the Super again.
    i made one ,yself for my nikons.yes, they work
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    This is getting good.

nhemann - I have one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Profe.../dp/B000UZET0M It would probably work.
    I brought a similar, but much smaller (and cheaper) stone back from Japan years ago. It's the best of many methods I've tried for making pinholes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nhemann View Post
    scan it at the highest possible resolution you can (mine is like 2000 dpi) enlarge that image in a graphics program - Gimp is free - and then select it with a circle tool to tell you how many pixels wide it is. Multiply: number of pixels * inches-per-pixel and voila - pinhole diameter!

I remeasured mine with a microscope once and the method was pretty damned accurate.
    this is my take on it;
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    would a slide projector or an enlarger work?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been practising this with my Canon EOS. I tried using my extension tubes with the body cap on the end and it works like a telephoto pinhole.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I've made a pinhole from a Nikon 35mm body by taking the backing paper from 120 film, taping it over the lens opening in the body and punching a hole in it with a pin. I used 400 speed film and made exposures of 2-5 seconds in sunlight and it worked. Body caps work fine too if you happen to have one, but if not, improvise -- it's more fun experimenting anyway. Have a good time!
    Bill Lowenburg, author
    The Zorki Chronicles - a young photographer searches for his identity through the rangefinder of his vintage Zorki camera. Available September 2012.
    http://zorkichronicles.com
    Crash Burn Love: Demolition Derby (Back Street Books 2005)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin