Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,220   Online: 987

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    P.S. The vancouver John Bentley is the only one I can find.... I'll look more cause this guy does good interior work, but it sure doesn't look like bus-developed 8x10s from Mexico...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anton... I love this idea, I've just pledged a few bucks. I hope it succeeds.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Bring your road trip to Toronto , give me advance warning and I will set up a workshop group for you at Gallery 44- google them. Also I will introduce you to John Bentley.
    He and I met in a logging camp on Vancouver Island in the early 70's, since then he has lived in Toronto. He makes amazing Colour Pigment Prints.
    I think what you are doing is pretty cool. If I hadn't sunk every penny I have into my own business I would try to help financially.
    These people at Gallery 44 would be a very interesting landing point for you.
    As well Bill Schwab has photostock most years and the bus would really be a nice touch.

I wish you well with this project.

Quote Originally Posted by orlovphoto View Post
    P.S. The vancouver John Bentley is the only one I can find.... I'll look more cause this guy does good interior work, but it sure doesn't look like bus-developed 8x10s from Mexico...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd love to come to Vancouver! I'm there

Thanks Suzanne - you're the bestest!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well if your trying to visit me, go to the main intersection of Vancouver. point your compass east and go a few thousand miles.
    Suzzane is another 800 miles east of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by orlovphoto View Post
    I'd love to come to Vancouver! I'm there

Thanks Suzanne - you're the bestest!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    he's still going strong, dedicated to his vision, and deserves support.

http://orlovphoto.com/

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    I'm wondering if there are more expedient ways of accomplishing your goal ("KEEP FILM ALIVE") other than dumping your girlfriend, quitting your job, begging for money to buy a decommissioned school bus and keep you wandering around aimlessly for a few years...
    Depends on the girl friend and the job, I guess ...

Images
    Glad to hear he is still going, though I can understand why the kick starter attempt did not work out. I think the two photogs needed to focus more on defining their artistic vision for the trip, as well as the ultimate outcome. The bus should have been a small part of it a means to well defined outcome. The art projects that are successfully funded clearly define their vision and outcome for the project. I am probably like many other Kickstarter patrons, I go to the video first and the description second. If the video does not define the outcome I move on. The video is the pitch, the description is what is in the folder that someone reads if the pitch is good. In all honesty I did not read his description because the outcome and photographic purpose was not clearly defined. I liked the bus though.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin