Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,852   Online: 795

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

•?•?•?• Support The Art Of FILM PHOTOGRPHY • • •

I know it's not mentioned there in the movie, but we WILL be teaching pinhole photography as part of our workshops and demonstrations. PLease check out this project and support it if you can. It is meant to educate the public about the wonders of traditional photography and to KEEP FILM ALIVE.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oto-palace-bus

Thank you.
    Anton

P.S. If you pledge or even if you don't - please re-post this link somewhere, that will help us find that magical someone who believes in education enough to pledge large

Namaste.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Think we've got the message.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi anton

good luck with your project !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks jnanian A little luck is all we need.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by orlovphoto View Post
    I know it's not mentioned there in the movie, but we WILL be teaching pinhole photography as part of our workshops and demonstrations. PLease check out this project and support it if you can. It is meant to educate the public about the wonders of traditional photography and to KEEP FILM ALIVE.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oto-palace-bus

Thank you.
    Anton

P.S. If you pledge or even if you don't - please re-post this link somewhere, that will help us find that magical someone who believes in education enough to pledge large

Namaste.
    I'm wondering if there are more expedient ways of accomplishing your goal ("KEEP FILM ALIVE") other than dumping your girlfriend, quitting your job, begging for money to buy a decommissioned school bus and keep you wandering around aimlessly for a few years...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    I'm wondering if there are more expedient ways of accomplishing your goal ("KEEP FILM ALIVE") other than dumping your girlfriend, quitting your job, begging for money to buy a decommissioned school bus and keep you wandering around aimlessly for a few years...
    You'd think. I'm doing OK getting friends and friends of friends addicted. Works because we know the local film ecosystem of stores, labs, "go-tos" for tech issues/questions that serve to keep it afloat. No delusional social media dependencies either. "Meat space" connections are real and far more durable. Most people like beer or coffee, so bars or coffee places make great venues talking/sharing. Hard to let someone check out a Mamiya RB 67 on Twitter.

Besides, I'm tired of "beg-a-thons."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's not be so discouraging, I think this sounds like a fun and worthy project. You are under no obligation to support it. I've supported several kickstarter projects, and as a result have built a nice small collection of art, so I've found it to be a mutually beneficial arrangement. Unfortunately, I don't know Mr. Orlov, and not sure how much "social" media he did prior to this venture, but I think it's clear that you have to have built up a pretty active online presence in order for your kickstarter project to be a success. I've posted this to my Facebook page, and I may again, I may even pledge a few bucks, but I hate to see film users being so, pardon the pun... negative.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Let's not be so discouraging...

I hate to see film users being so, pardon the pun... negative.

Where's the negativity?

I'm doing what I can locally. It's where I live. It's where I choose to put my time and resources. Not nice? Sorry!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Great Project. Reminds me of John Bentley and his bus trips to Mexico with a few thousand sheets of Agfa 8x10 trans and a jobo processor, He processed in the bus.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Suzanne! I do think you bit right to the bone on this one - I have been a reclusive artist and have not integrated social media in my art life as much as I could have. At this point all I have to show is my artwork (maybe I'm wrong, but I think work speaks the truest about someone's level of commitment). So yeah, right now about 30% of pledges are coming from folks I know personally from college or otherwise. I am pleasantly surprised at how many total strangers and even those overseas are pledging and are excited to see this happen. I'll see how it goes - in either case, it's happening, but every bit does help ;-)

About this 'life change' - I feel I needed it. A lot of people work day jobs and do this on the side but after I acquired that darkroom and really started teaching and producing art again I realized it was time for a shake-up and this thing has been milling around in my head for a number of years so I went for it.

About this being a beg-a-thon - trust me my dear friend CGW, I'm fully committed to putting all of my savings into this project ABOVE the meager amount we're asking . If one sits down and calculates what it would cost to convert an empty box on wheels into a rolling functional darkroom/studio/educational space the sum would be 3-4x higher than our goal on kickstarter. I already put about 8K in and am getting ready to drop the rest of the saving in within the next month. Besides, I do believe in the power of community and humanity and that those two things can be pretty powerful.

"Hard to let someone check out a Mamiya RB 67 on Twitter" - that's exactly why we're doing it... bringing things like that to communities that might not have your bar-meet-up group. And I too very much prefer to meet in person - again, why the bus will travel with the hope of meeting communities like the one you folks have and bringing closer together (if they chose to want do so).

Also, I'm glad to see that quite a few people have written articles about this trying to help our with the funding (I'm not a trust-fund baby... I work for a living and don't have $40k in cash, sorry again for that. If I was a trust-fund baby, believe me, I'd make this thing on my own dime and do this stuff for free).
    http://www.popphoto.com/news/2011/12...kroomclassroom
    http://www.lomography.com/magazine/l...eeds-your-help
    And so on...

Bob - I'll have to look up Mr. Bentley - Agfa 8x10 is some gooooooood stuff. I did this tryptic once from three APX100 8x10 negs and you can see every window pane in San Francisco on those 30x40s... Jobo's good too... I wonder what his water tank capacity was

Thanks,
    Anton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin