Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,047   Online: 982

Shooter
    35mm RF

Awaiting a black Olympus 35 SP in the mail!! :D

It was shipped yesterday, and estimated delivery in 7-10 days.

I can't wait for it to come. I've shot digital for some time now, but never felt content with shooting family and friends snaps digitally. I've always missed the sending the negative for developing, and being able to put the photos in albums when they get back.

I've only read good things about the 35 SP. The metering is supposed to "take a little longer", but that is part of the fun shooting manual! The one I'm getting is supposed to be in a very nice shape. Meter tested. Shutter film tested. Lens is said to be mint. The pictures showed no hint of obvious damage. There's a store close to where I live where I can buy mercury-free air-zink 1.35V batteries and films. The blacks are quite rare as well, so should I, Gods forbid, wish to sell it, I'm sure I'd be able to sell it without much (financial) loss.

-Anders

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an SPn, which I believe is the same as the SP with the addition of a spot meter. Excellent lens and overall a well designed camera. One thing to be aware of is that it doesn't have an On/Off switch, so if a battery is in & the camera isn't in a case it will be constantly metering and running down the battery. I made a black elastic strap to cover the meter window when I wasn't using the camera.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The case comes with it (I'm aware of the constant light metering if out of the case), and the SP also has a spot meter - which I'm sure might come in handy. The lens I've heard much good of. It's fast and, on a 35mm medium, the 42.5mm focal length is very usable inside...though maybe a little tight in some cases.

Shooter
    35mm
    Warning, my SP (silver) spot meter does not work. The averaging meter works fine. Apparently, there are two separate CDS cells. Or am I incorrect? What I am saying is this: one of the cells could 'go', as is the case for many CDS meters that are old. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome. Have fun.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I thought there one CDS cell that went for both metering systems. I may be wrong, though.

Even if the spot meter doesn't work, I can live without it. All I have to do is move closer, take a reading and move back. I'm only using it for snaps (or at least most of the time :P), so I'll not be worried if I miss the exposure by a stop either way. I'm a perfectionist, though.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    All the SP cameras came with a spot meter. The SPn was kind of a hodgepodge camera, using the top cover and winding lever from the earlier UC, and the black lens body of the black SP. The CDS meter is made up of two sections, one for general use and one for spot mode. The meter is a great feature, but it's he lens on these cameras which really shine. I like the black models, they are sexy as well as rare, I buy them when I find them...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails August12011003.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats, you'll definitely enjoy it! I love my SP to bits and have taken some of my favorite photographs with it. The electronics in mine are basically dead as the battery chamber is stuck and probably has a corroded battery in it. Everything else works perfectly though and even with a tiny bit of haze and a few spots of mold on the inner lens element, it still makes unremarkably wonderful pictures. That lens is to die for!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got the SP's older brother (the LC) and it's got the same lens which is definitely awesome. You'll enjoy it! I know I enjoyed the three separate SPs I've had in the past. Great camera!
    - Abram

35mm / 120

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin