Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,223   Online: 971

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Can you identify this old (1940's? 50's?) small format prism viewer?

I've had this for years, can't remember what it goes to. I'm guessing some kind of rangefinder.

Anyone who can identify this can have it free (just pay postage) if you want it.

Keith

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldviewer.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	43991
    Keith Ostertag
    keitho at strucktower dot com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I could be from an Exakta or the early models of mirror attachments for RF Leicas [early 1960's] that made them slrs.

I will PM my address to you.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Exacta it is.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not for the Leica Visioflex. I've got a Visioflex LTM. I had one of these finders on an Exact VX. Could be used on most of the models. Yours is an early version that may not fit on the later Exacta models as thee were minor spec changes making later finders a little loose on the earlier bodies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    Not for the Leica Visioflex. I've got a Visioflex LTM. I had one of these finders on an Exact VX. Could be used on most of the models. Yours is an early version that may not fit on the later Exacta models as thee were minor spec changes making later finders a little loose on the earlier bodies.
    Leica Visioflex ==> That is what I was thinking of. Thank you. I knew I was not imagining it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

dmb

Shooter
    35mm
    KW logo is Praktica factory mark - looks like prismatic finder from a Praktica FX2 1956 - cant post a link but do a google on earlyphotography entry_C533 and there is a picture of it.
    Last edited by dmb; 01-08-2012 at 11:32 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typos

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin