Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,493   Online: 884

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    I agree that the IIIC (big C) has an excellent viewfinder. I don't use the accessory lenses with mine as they are inconvenient but with the standard 50/2 the VF is easy to see even while wearing glasses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The biggest requirement I have is having a nice viewfinder.
    If it doesn't have to be a folder get a Vitomatic II or IIa. Life size clear rangefinder. Very easy to use even with eye-glasses.
    http://photoethnography.com/ClassicC...html~mainFrame

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the replies. At first I was just considering a 35mm, but now the Iskra really got my attention. I think I will go with that for now. Can any Iskra users here post some sample pictures that they took with it? Thank you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The Iskra is solid, but just be warned, if the winder/film counter goes, so goes the whole camera pretty much. Also, changing shutter speeds is a pain in the ass. It is also heavier that the Isolette, but feels solid in the hand (which I like). The lens is excellent.

Kinda a lower res of a scan from a shot with the Iskra on E100VS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iskra.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	800.1 KB 
ID:	44314
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    And actually, my Avatar shot was from an Iskra.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If looking at the Iskra, the Super Ikontas would be a step up. But from the completed listings on ebay the Zeiss option isnt that more. they seem to range from about the same price, to more than double the price of the Iskras so there is a possibility to score on cheap.

Honestly if you look at their pictures, it seems the Iskra is a clone. Though I cant say for sure as I dont know their history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Clone, kinda, but after owning both cameras, I can say that the build and finish on the Zeiss is typical German and the build on the Iskra is typical cold-war Russian. Funny though, I preferred the glass on the Iskra.

The shutter ring and rangefinder focus ring on the Iskra are items to bemoan. The Zeiss is a clear winner there.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Konica II has a nice viewfinder. It has a collapsible lens. The Konica III's viewfinder is even better, although the camera doesn't collapse, and it's heavy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for all the replies and all the info that was given. I happend across a very nice deal on a Canon 7 so i am going with that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin