Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,021   Online: 1282

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've bought a fair amount of 100-ft bulk film, but it's never been unperforated. Guess I haven't been paying attention... I would have thought that demand for something that only fits in long-roll cameras would have been blown away by digital many years before it overtook the regular 35mm market.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rick oleson View Post
    I've bought a fair amount of 100-ft bulk film, but it's never been unperforated. Guess I haven't been paying attention... I would have thought that demand for something that only fits in long-roll cameras would have been blown away by digital many years before it overtook the regular 35mm market.
    It did.
    There is a fair amount of post dated non perfed in Kodak 160NC on eBay but I don't know if anyone else is still making it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are a lot of long roll cameras with good zoom lenses available. I would guess the film will be harder and harder to get with time passes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bwfans View Post
    There are a lot of long roll cameras with good zoom lenses available. I would guess the film will be harder and harder to get with time passes.
    Yes, I guess we're seeing the last ones on the market. This is why I posted this...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hush hush secret... A few Canon Eos bodies have sprocketless film advance, you can basically bulk load whatever unperforated film and shoot away.

p.s. If you dont mind shooting very slow speed film (think kodalith 6-12 iso), microfilms are available in 35mm format most commonly unperforated, which you can develop for continuous tone. It is probably the cheapest unexpired film you can buy, but you usually have to buy a case. These pop up randomly on ebay as well in 100ft to 1000ft cans. And if its expired, its even cheaper. Since the speed is so slow, there is less of a chance of fog as well.

2 recently completed microfilm auctions:

1200ft for $90
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Expired-9-20...item19cc9184d5

3000ft for $70
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/expired-08-2...item19cc919492

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I thought most autowind cameras counted sprocket holes using a small infrared light in the film chamber. (I'm referring to the post about Canon and not referring to Leica.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    I thought most autowind cameras counted sprocket holes using a small infrared light in the film chamber. (I'm referring to the post about Canon and not referring to Leica.)
    Yes you are right, those wouldnt be appropriate for IR films like HIE, but there are a few Eos's that do not, and these are the ones that are really helpful when loading in a changing bag. Any other film that is not HIE would work fine in ones that do use IR counters.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Any result on the nonperf-film-in-Leica experiment?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    Any result on the nonperf-film-in-Leica experiment?
    Hi

Dont worry it wont work, Leicia's and other reverse wind cameras use the sprocket wheel to drag the film along, the spool has a slipping clutch just to keep the film tight on the spool, no good for transport. There are some 35mm cameras that dont use the sprockets, and they can use unperforated film.

Noel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Having a Leica and putting unperforated film in it is like having a Rolls Royce and putting diesel in it.
    http://www.oldengine.org/members/die...ord/Aviat5.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin