Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,986   Online: 977

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do not have small hands and fine no issue with Leica ergonomics. The majority of bottom plate support is done by the left hand with the left index finger doing the tab focusing at the same time. Right hand for gripping the side and right index finger for shutter.

You should be using part of the hands underneath the bottom plate for support. Not doing this would result in strange ergonomics.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Stop thinking about it and get one.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Stop thinking about it and get one.
    Like I stated before... I stopped doing both thining and getting Leica

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This might get me tossed out of here...
    Replace "audiophile" with Leicaphile or Nikophile or whatever...

Explanations for why manufacturers, audiophiles and the "tweakers" perpetuate the myths of the subjective audio crowd are varied but one simple explanation is cognitive dissonance: having just spent thousands of dollars on something that does very little or nothing, it is easier to adjust one's thinking to "Wow! spending hundreds of dollars on little ceramic insulators that keep my speaker wires off the floor has opened up the sound stage and improved the distinction between the violin parts!", than it is to admit the fundamental realities that say "I can't believe how dumb I have been" and "my wife will kill me!". The brilliant thing about this is that it works in inverse proportionality to how dumb the purchase was - so the more ridiculous the tweak, the more believing the purchaser will be.[3] This brings into question the review policy of subjective audio reviewers such as Positive

Read it all at:
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Audio_woo

Just having a little fun... I still think HBC, and Sebastiao Salgado and others and images have a certain something not available from the Asian Glass.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    I still think HBC, and Sebastiao Salgado and others and images have a certain something not available from the Asian Glass.
    I think Salgado was using Nikon before he got a Leica sponsorship.

Shooter
    35mm

Explanations for why manufacturers, audiophiles and the "tweakers" perpetuate the myths of the subjective audio crowd are varied but one simple explanation is cognitive dissonance: having just spent thousands of dollars on something that does very little or nothing, it is easier to adjust one's thinking to "Wow! spending hundreds of dollars on little ceramic insulators that keep my speaker wires off the floor has opened up the sound stage and improved the distinction between the violin parts!", than it is to admit the fundamental realities that say "I can't believe how dumb I have been" and "my wife will kill me!". The brilliant thing about this is that it works in inverse proportionality to how dumb the purchase was - so the more ridiculous the tweak, the more believing the purchaser will be.[3] This brings into question the review policy of subjective audio reviewers such as Positive

Read it all at:

Just having a little fun... I still think HBC, and Sebastiao Salgado and others and images have a certain something not available from the Asian Glass.

Man that is so much complex to read. My idea is simple. Before I think about purchasing something. I ask "Do I really need it". Then, before I commit, I ask "Does it really fits my style". Just don't buy anything without testing it out thorough for few days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    I think Salgado was using Nikon before he got a Leica sponsorship.
    Thanks for the correction... I wondered...

Shooter
    Multi Format

Read it all at:

Audiophools. My favorite is either the very expensive "pre-tested" fuses, or the $200 wood knobs. Oxygen-free wiring is good, too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Being both into audio and cameras, I have found the reasons for buying each seems to be about the same as to mental processing and justification. Research seems objective while the decision is subjective. the latest debate in the audio site I visit is not pre-tested fuses, though, it is liquid filled fuses; quite ahoot to follow.

Shooter
    35mm
    I got the bug to try a Leica a couple of years back. At the time I was already familiar with rangefinder shooting from a few years with a Mamiya 6 as my main camera. I've never really got on with my Leica though. Just don't enjoy shooting with it that much. I find zone focusing a pain and the Leica viewfinder (compared to the Mamiya) is poky.

Different strokes for different folks. I have to say though, I really don't 'get' the notion that a Leica has some sort of 'stealth' properties for street shooting. For me, good street shots are up close. At that kind of distance, people are going to notice whatever camera you're using. The whole shutter sound thing as well. Bunk. People might not here the clunk but they'll probably clock you taking the shot - again assuming you're close enough.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin