Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,519   Online: 1045

Shooter
    Medium Format

lenses mamiya 23 vs lenses mamiya 6

Does anyone now how the lenses of the mamiya 23 press camera (especially the 50 mm) compare to the (high quality) of the lensen of the mamiya 6 system?

Shooter
    Multi Format

You should also compare these to the Mamiya 7 system.

Quote Originally Posted by artyvisual View Post
    Does anyone now how the lenses of the mamiya 23 press camera (especially the 50 mm) compare to the (high quality) of the lensen of the mamiya 6 system?
    You should also compare these to the Mamiya 7 system.

The Mamiya 23 Press camera's lens quality would be equivalent to the Plaubel Makina's.

I once saw a test of the Mamiya 7 along with a Hasselblad, a Rollei SLX & I
    think a Bronica. I couldn't find it now, if I tried. I have it bookmarked as an E-Mail.

The upshot was that the Mamiya 7 was the sharpest, but also the most contrasty.
    The sharpness was due to the 6 x 7 mag, being so much less than the 6 x 6's.
    The contrast was due to the " Modern " Japanese lenses against the older Zeiss, etc.

What I would do with a Mamiya 23 Press camera would be to try & fit a 6 x 12 back to it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would imagine the lack of any "mirror slap" vibration from the Mamiya 7 would have had something to do with the increased level of sharpness.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin