Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,474   Online: 927

Shooter
    35mm

strange bidding on Contax

Look at item 150743783159 (USA site)

See the high number of bids? Click on that number and take a gander at the list of bids.

Weird, no?

(I have no connection to the listing)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i guess he fell asleep whit his nose on the "enter" key?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you're the high bidder, you only need to increase your next bid, or padding-bid by one penny.
    His first couple of bids were around 08:00 in the morning. The rest of the bids were after 23:15 at night.
    Maybe he was bored, or he wanted to prove or confirm that he could pad his bid that many times?

Is it time to call the folks at 'The Guinness World Record Book,' or did he have too many pints of 'Guinness?'
    Last edited by Marc B.; 01-27-2012 at 03:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Heh... APUG is a great way to start off the day with!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    I've seen that happen before. An IT colleague of mine at work said that it looked like a glitch on the bidders PC....he said "to put it simply" (for me?) the users PC normally sends the bid, which Ebay's computers record and acknowledge by sending a response, and that's that. If the users PC has a corrupt file, it may fail to receive the response, and get into a loop which keeps sending the same bid again and again. He said it was unusual, as programs and apps have a fail-safe to stop this.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin