Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,756   Posts: 1,516,005   Online: 878

Shooter
    35mm

Zeiss Jena T 3.5cm F2.8 Biogon

I am starting to get confused by the variety of Zeiss Contax rangefinder Biogon models after thinking I had it all understood. I know that the pre-war Biogon and the post-war Carl Zeiss Jena Biogon do not fit the Contax IIa and IIIa. However, it is my understanding that on at least some post-war Jena 3.5cm Biogon models, the large convex rear element is protected by a guard ring, rather than being completely exposed as in earlier models (and on the Jupiter-12). Can anyone here verify this? Also I thought this rear element came right up to the film surface, almost touching it.

Shooter
    35mm
    This post may answer my question:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...-35-2-8-a.html

It seems to show a post-war Biogon with a recessed rear element. However this photo set shows a post-war T Biogon with an exposed rear element:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/4494633

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The whole Contax II/III and later IIa/IIIa's and the pre and post war 35mm lenses is a bit of a saga. I kinda gave up. If I do end up with a 35mm lens, it may be a newish Voigt or a Nikkor. I even understand there was a post war Jena 35mm that fit the IIa/IIIa cameras. Bio...? -tar maybe.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    The whole Contax II/III and later IIa/IIIa's and the pre and post war 35mm lenses is a bit of a saga. I kinda gave up. If I do end up with a 35mm lens, it may be a newish Voigt or a Nikkor. I even understand there was a post war Jena 35mm that fit the IIa/IIIa cameras. Bio...? -tar maybe.
    Well the Planar fits the IIa/IIIa - said to be a great lens too. I have a pre-war Biometar that fits all Contax. Neither of these lenses have a deep rear element - that's why.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin