Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,389   Online: 1068

Shooter
    35mm

Yashica Lynx 14 - Film advance winder locks up sometimes

From a recent GAS attack (again...) I received my Lynx 14.

Shutters seems to fire ok, aperture blades look clean, no fungus, overall looks are used, but good.

However, sometimes, the film advance lever stays in the "wound" position and will not snap back. I need to unscrew the screw and fiddle around the winder a bit, then it will snap back into "normal" position.

Any ideas on how to solve this? I can't really see any consistant scenario when this happens.

Thanks and cheers from ice cold Switzerland.
    Rob
    OM addict!
    Rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you want to play with it, give it a go. But if you really like the camera, and want to use it, get it to the best Yashica guy you can find over there to repair it.....OK, have a good CLA done on it then you will have a nice shooter.

I have one Lynx 14 that was actually in very nice condition and actually works well (it came from forum member (that's why)) and one that needs help. Haven't had the time, effort and money to send it to Mark Hama. If you can afford the postage, contact him. He will make it operate like new, then you can enjoy using that wonderful old camera. Nothing like using an old Lynx...

I have a lovely collection of the Lynx family that are in various states of needed repair. I purchased all of them because externally, they all are in almost new condition. Internally, they have been neglected, mostly because they sat in a closet for years and got gummed up.

If you have a keeper, get it fixed properly. I will be worth it in the long run, if not, have at it, you don't have much to loose. A "real" Lynx in good to excellent condition is getting really, really hard to find. If that's yours, please don't send it to an early death.....you have a part of photographic history that needs to be saved.....and enjoyed.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    35mm
    From Rob to Bob :-),
    Thanks for your hint and what a great coincidence: I have just packed it in a box that will be sent to Mark Hama tomorrow...
    I have received his estimate of $110 plus postage. Quite a bit, on the other hand quite a bit less than on this side of the pond. I hope it will return in such condition as you describe it.
    Cheers from really ice cold Switzerland
    Rob
    OM addict!
    Rob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rob, everyone I have ever heard of has never had an issue with a camera coming back from Mark....not one.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't help you there less I have the camera infront of me. However I've been trying to find a Lynx 14 for a while now, great get! Make it work!

Right, try a drop or 2 of lighter fluid under the crank.
    - Derek
    Looking for a parts prism for the Minolta XE / XE 7.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin