Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,832   Online: 1168

Shooter
    Multi Format

Battery for Lynx

I have been reading up on the Lynx, some say alkaline battery ok and some say do not use it. The 640 mercury battery is 1.35 volts and the alkaline battery is 1.5 volts. I understand the voltage drop on the alkaline verses the mercury. Changing battery more ofton should solve that, what am I missing? Any one have first hand knowledge? I do have a good handheld meter but thats just something else to carry.

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest you buy one of these MRB 625 Zinc Air Cells they are 1.35V and the same size and voltage as the original Mercury cells http://www.amazon.com/WeinCell-MRB62...9609750&sr=1-1
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I believe it depends on the Lynx, the E models (14E and 5000E) take two 1.5v PX640A batteries. I have in my 14E the prior mentioned and it works like a charm, I get the batteries on ebay for next to nothing, see:

http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/chrono2.html
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you benjiboy I tryed to find a zinc air cell that would work. Did not consider Amazon.
    David
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi zsas tryed to find the PX640A locally today with no luck. I have the 5000E and was unsure of the voltage difference and what effects that would make. Thank you for your input.
    David
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yeah I couldn't find it locally too that's why I got the one on eBay, had it in my Linx all year and it's still kicking, those zinc batteries last a lot less from what I hear
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Lynx 5000E and use two ordinary LR44 1.5v alkaline button cells (the same batteries my Nikon F3 takes). In order to make them fit I use a piece of cut plastic from a 35mm film can to hold the smaller-diameter batteries, and a ball of aluminum foil at one end to make electrical contact. It works just fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    rthomas great idea thank you. That sounds like that might be more cost affective. I have been know to go for the cheap, ahh lest expensive.
    David
    ― Shing Xiong

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin