Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,957   Posts: 1,558,047   Online: 1115

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img048.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	46632

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    By the way it was taken out the window of my moving truck at about 20mph.XA.Agfa apx 400,Ektalure,Lith.Bleach on Fence.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh gosh,you'll be hooked for good. I have fond memories of long, long ago — 1980 to around 1983, of taking my beloved little XA all around Australia as a touring cyclist, my little XA bobbing up and down in my handlebar bag always ready for action. Over the following years I've owned an XA on and off (2001 last time), but not now: I find it impossible to focus this little gem now with my eyes requiring glasses. Still a legend after all these years — the camera, I mean!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Neg scans from my first test roll

Neopan 400

PanF+, (sorry for the bad pic of a print)....

Andy

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    here are a couple of pictures I took with the XA when walking around town. I really like the XA, but the shutter button has become so difficult, that I stopped using it. I always had to wiggle the winder wheel before the shutter would release. Guess I should look for a more reliable one.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hwy1.jpg   palm.jpg  
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few years ago I have had an XA gone flaky, shutter release wise, sent in for repair.

The repair guy died. I profited a lot from the liquidation auction of the stuff his shop stocked.
    Four bladed easels 11x14, enlarger grain focussers, 8x10 safe lights, much much more etc. about $40.

Then more stuff from his storage location on sale at a photo swap show four month later. About $55; a lot of all sorts of flashbulbs. Like about 800 of them. Sold maybe a quarter of the the big box just bought at my table five minutes later for $40.

Then gave some of the large old flashbulbs I had no use for to a gal at a local photo rental place, who I know loves them.
    She gives me a surplus wing lynch water panel she has too many of (from scouring what was left behind when Kodak left Toronto and abandon buildings at Mt. Dennis).

Then I buy a replacement XA off a classified ad here before I blocked looking at them.
    from John... the Banana, for a most reasonable price, and it is in great shape.

I take it to Cub winter camp with my son's troop, and take a whack of photos with it that weekend.

The troop leader leaves town a few months after, and lands on my doorstep to give me an XA2, and stylus epic, and a bunch of expired c-41 film as he is clearing his house prior to moving, knowing I still am addicted to film.

All from that first dead XA. So joy from these things even when they die.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After a small journey to find a good portable camera, I have found teh XA series and am very glad that I did! There is a reason why these are held in such regard, they are simply amazing! I first got an XA and was absolutely blown away by the quality of the images that it makes. Together with its size, it's absolutely perfect. After using my XA for a month or two, I picked up an XA-2 for a measly $10 and that really pushed my love for the XA series even higher. I now carry the XA-2 with its companion A-11 flash pretty much everywhere. I've taken so many wondeful shots with it and it is an absolute joy to use, I couldn't be any happier. It does have a weakness and that's its weak shutter release button which is very flaky, but I can live with it if I keep getting such wonderful results from it. Much love for the XAs!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought an XA with the flash for 10 bucks at my local thrift store on a whim, hoping it would work. Alas, it does not. I have a flash though for whatever XA may enter my life in the future.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i have XA with me most of the time got it on the fleebay. nice little sharp camera although scared me first few days as the aperture stuck wide open but then now is functional.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    wow great pics and stories all.
    Maybe I can add some pics here in the coming days.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin