Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,234   Online: 708

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I'd buy it if it was new old stock.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bateleur View Post
    Feeling a trite guilty, my XA is begging to be fixed, the shutter does not fire, does anyone know of a good repair shop in Europe?
    It would probably work out cheaper to buy another one and keep yours for spare parts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I rolled the dice and bought one off the bay today. Ontario seller, so I should hopefully get it quickly!!
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Woooohoooo welcome to the club, after seeing Tom's (toffle) XA this summer I had to get one...these things are truly amazing!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    btw I attached a picture taken with XA . Sharp little len :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EHLL.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I like the XA and about the biggest complain is the flash capability. I can't use any other flash besides the A11 and A16 which I do have and I can't use any aperture I want just 1 aperture is available when using flash.
    While it is true that you are locked into the A11 or A16, it is not true that your are locked into the one aperture when using flash. If you want to use an alternate aperture than what the camera defaults to, you just adjust the aperture slide once the flash is turned on. Easy. Did it just now to confirm it works, the shutter will be adjusted accordingly.

I have had my XA from new when I paid AU$275 when I was just 13 in 1982. The little carry strap has long died, but I treated my camera to a full service and clean up last year. The main thing the service guys noticed was the amount of dust inside the view finder and behind the sliding lens cover. It is a great little work horse and I could not even begin to count how many rolls of film it has shot.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, you ain't doing any good boys! I am getting the XA itch again (had a throng of three XA2/3s for a while and I do miss them). I have never made so many photographs as I did when I had one of those cameras. Went with me everywhere and I guess that is the sole reason.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    While it is true that you are locked into the A11 or A16, it is not true that your are locked into the one aperture when using flash. If you want to use an alternate aperture than what the camera defaults to, you just adjust the aperture slide once the flash is turned on. Easy. Did it just now to confirm it works, the shutter will be adjusted accordingly.

I have had my XA from new when I paid AU$275 when I was just 13 in 1982. The little carry strap has long died, but I treated my camera to a full service and clean up last year. The main thing the service guys noticed was the amount of dust inside the view finder and behind the sliding lens cover. It is a great little work horse and I could not even begin to count how many rolls of film it has shot.
    actually I had a broken A11 and I can modify it to trigger another flash via the pc cord. So I sold the problem of locked into the A11 / A16 flash but if I use another aperture the camera would choose a too low a shutter speed for hand holding even if I push the ISO to 800. I use flash when it's dark not like today's trend when people often use flash when it's bright. If you move the aperture level to the flash position it would lock the camera at f/3.5 and 1/30 (I think 1/30 I may be wrong but it fixed shutter speed regardless of light level).

Shooter
    35mm
    All this talk about XA cameras makes me want to dust off my old XA. It was a superb pocket camera and I traveled all over with it in my pre-digital days. It's probably the most useful camera I've ever owned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Digging mine out tomorrow i think.....ive hardly used it, but have had some sharp images from the little glass lens.
    Ebay bargain....XA2 + A11 Flash all in presentation box for £22. I have to say, the only thing i dislike is the trigger
    happy shutter. Every roll ive shot has an image of my feet in it. Saying that, I might make a blurb book just showcasing
    the duff images, it might give them 'context'

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin