Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,328   Online: 996

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    now that I got myself an XA (and a Hexar RF) I thought it is finally appropriate to register and say "hi".

"hi"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    now that I got myself an XA (and a Hexar RF) I thought it is finally appropriate to register and say "hi".

"hi"

HI!
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome to the XA club and Apug club!
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Anyone know if that Erich Hartmann project "Train Journey Through France" made it into a book?
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just finished shooting my inaugural roll yesterday (hope to get it developed on the weekend). Except for the hair-trigger shutter, I love the feel of it! Rangefinder patch is not very contrasty, but I will try the trick of putting a coloured gel over it to see if that happens.
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Keep your eye more to the right of the view finder and the patch is easier to see
    Andy

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Well my XA has died. Just stopped working. I replaced the batteries and still nothing.
    Anyone got any ideas about where to start looking to diagnose the problem?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Sorry to hear
    Does the meter still work?
    Does the battery check make a beep?

I once had something happen where mine seized up, but the meter still worked, so I took the bottom plate off and it was that the film rewind button that got stuck under the bottom plate, after taking it off, it freed it up, but my meter still worked so if your issue is dissimilar I am not sure.

There is somewhere on Flikr a XA step by step guide to opening up

But I am not sure of your repair aptitude and leave that to you to decide if a XA tear down is warranted
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Well my XA has died. Just stopped working. I replaced the batteries and still nothing.
    Anyone got any ideas about where to start looking to diagnose the problem?
    Most problems with these cameras are usually due to dirty battery contacts. Try cleaning them before looking elsewhere. It is possible to have a bad contact which can pass enough current to make the battery check buzzer sound o.k. but not enough to work the shutter properly.

Steve
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Hi guys,
    The meter doesn't operate, the shutter doesn't operate and the battery check doesn't beep.
    I'll check the terminals.
    Actually, does the XA2 take the same batteries? I swapped the new ones into an XA2 to see if they worked and it did. But if it's the wrong batteries I'll be happy.
    Thanks for the lead on the flickr guide. I will open it up, not sure if I'll go any further.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin