Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,720   Posts: 1,483,133   Online: 1253

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images

So I got an XA today

And I'm blown-away by its tiny size. This camera is seriously little.
    Anyway, I was doing some research and found this essay by Erich Hartmann.
    I'll find out how she goes later this week

http://www.magnumphotos.com/c.aspx?VP=XSpecific_MAG.StoryDetail_VPage&pid=2K7O 3R1VUF5N

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Was that the one on EBay that ended yesterday?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    XA is a fabulous piece of equipment, capable of excellent quality. Shutter release is a bit, hum, trigger-happy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've had mine for a few months now. It's a bit quirky- the focus is a bit odd, the shutter is as mentioned above, it's easy to get fingerprints on the lens when opening/closing the clamshell. But aside from all that, it's a little wonder. Mine lives in my pocket now. It even saved my bacon when the shutter on my F3 failed mid shoot. I finished on the XA and the results are great.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I love my XA, can not put it down! Was traveling on business the other day and had it in my sport coat pocket the whole trip, as the group walked to the next meeting (we were outside) I saw something beautiful, pulled her out, grabbed the shot in a matter of seconds, and resumed the walk, barely skipping a beat in the conversation. The XA is changing my whole approach to photography, 2.8 lens is a beaut. I think I want two now, one for b/w and one for color
    Andy

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Was that the one on EBay that ended yesterday?
    Hi Shane, no it's not that one. That was a bit dubious. The seller was saying that the shutter speeds were all perfect but they couldn't test the light meter because there was no battery ... I passed on it.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Yes, I think we will get along very well. I have an XA2 coming that I got in a trade that I'll leave in the glove box of the car.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to own an XA, it lived in my shirt pocket for years, went everywhere with me. Bought it new back in the 80's, loaned it to a friend who went trekking in Nepal, fantastic piece of equiptment for the size. Use your sunglasses for a filter when necessary, they are prone to flare.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've got an XA and an XA2 and find the ability to manually control focus and aperture on the XA to be a real bonus,not being much of a fan of the zone focusing on the XA2.Having said that I do love both cameras and almost always have one of them with me because they're so pocket friendly!Shoot on!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    They appear to be loved.

This thread is useless without pics though

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin