Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,137   Online: 980

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Wide open?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well... I think it's wonderful that someone is willing to invest substantially in a lens that they believe will suit their needs, whatever those may be. That's all I'm saying
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well of course if the subject/shot sux, no lens will help it but there is no denying certain lenses have a unique drawing style that certainly can't hurt a good shot.

I have a NAI 35 1.4 that aint the best wide open but it gives a look that more than makes up for it. Something about the 35mm fl @ 1.4
    Wish I had a Zeiss 35 f/2 to boot!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Well of course if the subject/shot sux, no lens will help it but there is no denying certain lenses have a unique drawing style that certainly can't hurt a good shot.
    And that's how I wish it were. But when you make photography more about an idea of a lens than the pictures themselves, then we're on thin ice.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin