Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,611   Online: 716

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Review of my new Olympus 35RD on my blog

http://blog.ericrose.com/?p=517

Check it out and leave a comment on the blog if you feel inclined.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Done.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Derek. Hey I really like your blog as well. Some really excellent photography there. Like the book idea.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Thanks Derek. Hey I really like your blog as well. Some really excellent photography there. Like the book idea.
    Thanks a lot Eric, now i have to bookmark yours, give me something to read when i am bored, which happens a lot, Cheers!
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice review and photos, Eric. I have a 35RD too, carry it everywhere, and just love it. One thing you didn't mention is its extreme low light capability - I ran a roll of Tri-X 400 through mine, exposing at 3200 (set the camera at ISO 800, under expose two more stops manually). The shots that I properly exposed came out great, after souping in Rodinal 1+100 for 2 hours stand dev. My talented "D" photog friend said he didn't think his Pentax K5 would produce images as clean at 3200 as mine came out.

One question, not to step too close to the "D" line here, and not to open a can of worms - how did you conclude you could get 64megs out of your 35RD? I always assumed 35mm film was able to resolve the equivalent of somewhere between 14megs and 20megs of information.

-chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks great! Thanks

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice little write-up, and thanks for the example photos. I'm waiting to get my 35RD back from the shop so your post has me even more excited to shoot with this baby.

One thing... I notice that in your post you refer to it as the 35RC and on the images.

Thanks for sharing!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Olympus had a great series for both the 1/2 frame and full frame market. They supported the rangefinder market longer than most in terms of making high quality non-slr cameras. Their lenses were 1st rate; they learned how to gind and make excellent lenses from their 1/2 frame designs and that quality still is here today.

The RD is one of those few cameras that just seemed to have it all right in terms of handling, features and results. I too liked the meter lens being within the filter coverage; especially when I needed ND filters or wanted to use a polarizer.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsmith View Post
    One thing... I notice that in your post you refer to it as the 35RC and on the images.

Thanks for sharing!
    Darn I thought I got them all
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck94022 View Post
    One question, not to step too close to the "D" line here, and not to open a can of worms - how did you conclude you could get 64megs out of your 35RD? I always assumed 35mm film was able to resolve the equivalent of somewhere between 14megs and 20megs of information.

-chuck
    With the modern, fine grained films, a remarkable amount of detail can be recorded.

http://www.thermojetstove.com/Tonality/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin