Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,369   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WERRA LOVE?

Shooter
    Multi Format

WERRA LOVE?

Is this the most beautiful camera ever made or what????? i would love to put a 24mm on it! is it possible to adapt any lens to it, other than cardinar and flektogon?

cheers
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    no one? :-)
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree that the Werra cameras are a beautiful (and slightly quirky) design. The tessar and flektogon lenses have an especially nice character to them. The flektogon lens can vignette slightly with the prestor shutter so even if you managed to engineer a mounting solution you could find that a problem with an even wider lens. The lens is mounted in front of the shutter unit and I would think this could be the cause of the the vignetting problem. Also the rear lens element must not protrude too far back to interfere with the shutter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have to agree, the werra's are beautifull cameras, I have 2 of them, I have a werra mat, fixed lens and built in exposure meter,and a werra 3, complete with the cardinar and flektagon lens, from a car boot sale, for the grand sum of £2.50p GBP, the seller wanted £5gbp for the outfit, but I found the shutter wasn't working and offered him the £2.50, went home and packed the camera and off to Newton and Ellis in Liverpool, a week later a lovely,mint working werra arrived back, cost me £60GPB for the shutter service, so for the grand sum of £ 62.50p I have a like new Werra 3 and lenses. I think you might have problems adapting a newer lens for the werra, I would stick to using the 2 lenses that you have, the Cardinar and flektagon lenses are lovely lenses.
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ?what? what?
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A Werra was my father's first camera many years ago. I few years ago I got another one for him which started him collecting cameras.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Images
    I am afraid I can't agree with you here. Looks like a Pre Holga. Never shot one so can't comment on them besides general appearances
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I am afraid I can't agree with you here. Looks like a Pre Holga. Never shot one so can't comment on them besides general appearances
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But Pre Holga, wow, that is a bit harsh.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    you are comparing $h!t with chantilly... werra is beautiful...
    vive la resistance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin