Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,028   Online: 817

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    You should get yourself a Bessa r2 with a color skopar 50mm (or whatever focal length you like) . If you look really hard you can get a good deal on one. I
    Got this kit brand new in the box with a voigtlander adapter for 450 locally on craigslist. I am in love with it. It handles so beautifully. It is my first rangefinder and I rarely even use my slr's now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Large Format
    So I ended up buying a Nikon FM with a Nikkor 50 ƒ/1.8 to hold me over while I devour all the great info everybody has been give me regarding the rangefinders. I'm really liking a few of the suggestions, I wish I could justify buying all of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That Nikkor 50 f1.8 is a quality normal prime, especially considering how inexpensive it is. It's a very underrated lens IMHO. This is coming from a lifetime Contax / Zeiss user. Enjoy!

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You might just end keeping the FM.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was going to say FA or FE.....probably FE most of all, but I agree you will probably be keeping the FM for awhile. Lovely camera. Personally, I would like the built in metering of the FE. I do agree with you that when I haul around the old F4S I have, it can become a heavy load....sure does look cool though.....especially with the old Metz potato masher flash!! Makes you look like you know what your doing.

My favorite light weigh solution is an N75. You can use your old lenses or any of the AF lenses.......and it is feather light. If you have a bunch of AF lenses, I recommend you look into the N75......I believe you can still pick up good used one for next to nothing....I got both of my for around $50 per copy a couple of years ago. Certainly not as heavy duty as the F4 or your FM, but wonderful nice little consumer grade camera.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin