Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,518   Online: 1318

Shooter
    Multi Format

Argus C3 Colormatic Shutter Speed Question

Can the shutter speed dial on an Argus C3 colormatic only be turned the direction of the arrow?

Or can you turn the dial either way?

I have an old 1948 C3 and I think the shutter speed dial turns in complete revolutions either direction and the dial tensions up when getting to the slower shutter speeds.

I just got another a model C3 colormatic with the older side flash from the mid 1950s in prime working order and do not know if I should turn it in complete revolutions (the arrow points counterclockwise) when setting the shutter speed.

Thank you for any replies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I remember correctly there is a rather large indent at the 300 speed which would prevent turning in the opposite direction.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Turn the dial only one way.

You do not have to turn in complete revolutions.

But turn the way the arrow shows.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dehk View Post
    Turn the dial only one way.

You do not have to turn in complete revolutions.

But turn the way the arrow shows.
    Understood that I only go the way the arrow shows, but to use a speed at 1/100 and then to go to use either 1/50 or 1/25 and back to 1/100 again, I would have to go in a complete revolution if only going the direction of the arrow.

I just do not want to take any chances on the possibility of tweaking this camera out of it's current state of operation.

Thanks for the answers.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin