Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,919   Posts: 1,521,982   Online: 1092

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Help!!! Leica Film camera, which one to buy!!

I want to buy a Leica film camera, which one is best to purchase?? Recommendations Please! Thank You in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leica MP LHSA Special Edition hammertone

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Leica M6. best bang for the buck with a 35mm
    Summicron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leica M1 with Visoflex!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    tourmania: If you don't mind hand metering, I would opt for the M4 or a classic M3 (double stroke, of course); both are in plentiful supply on the used market. However, if you prefer the convenience of TTL metering, I would suggest one of the M6 models. A welcome in advance to Leicaland - home of the light wallets!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Men can not beat some electrified devices. Buy a point shoot 40 mm summicron Leica for 60 dollars and when you start to beat it use the real one

Shooter
    Large Format
    Someonenameddavid is probably right about he M6, but I still like the older cameras better. The M4 is my favorite, and has come way done in price lately (pristine ones are still high).

Mine is the less highly regarded M4-2, and I'm perfectly happy with it (and I've had about all of them over the years); I take it some M4-2's are better or worse than others. I kept it over an M4 because at that time I needed the hot shoe. I've often regretted that decision, but have to say that this M4-2 has been the best camera I've ever owned.

The M6 is a nice camera and extremely popular (and newer, which does make a difference). Still, the rangefinder patch flare bothered me on mine. The M4-2's also are not as good in this regard as the M4 and earlier, but mine has always seemed fine. Models earlier than the M4 often are showing their age in the rangefinder system, but can be wonderful cameras too.

The modern MP's and variants (something I haven't had) are probably the best of all if you really do want a meter. I suppose those are still expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be helpful to know:
    Budget
    Your preferred focal lengths
    If you like AE

Without knowing those bits, people will just recommend what they like which won't benefit you too much.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    M3 or M2, the classics.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    That's almost one of each now. Only the M5 fans are missing (I'm not one of them).

Which sort of points up the fact that there really weren't any bad M's, and functional condition is probably more important than most other factors beyond personal preference or specific needs (a built in meter, for instance).

They're all really wonderful cameras, but each with their own quirks that you learn to live with.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin