Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,405   Online: 1052

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven L View Post
    Full size Tardis?
    Interior or exterior dimensions?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Exterior, the blue "police box".

Back on topic (sort of). Imagine, there where some buisinessmen/women having numerous meetings about a new product for the Iphone. Costs and profits are discussed. Target marketing, research, investigation. Another couple of meetings. Out of all the ideas, they picked this: a cover that looks like a Leica. A well known camera umongst photographers, especially the ones of the analogue kind. A noob wouldn't know the difference bitween a Leica and a cardboard throw away camera. Target missed I think...
    If I would have to pick a camera for this project, I'd go for a common polaroid camera. I think more known to the general public and with a small printer inside, it could be a real gadget that works.
    Although in both the Leica and Polaroid camera, the original is better.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If I would have to pick a camera for this project, I'd go for a common polaroid camera. I think more known to the general public and with a small printer inside, it could be a real gadget that works.
    I think Polaroid make them already.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, but you can't download songs from Itunes with that one. Or play angry birds. Or check your e-mail. Or... (hmm, what is it you do with a cellphone? Oh yeah, make phone calls)

Ah, let's face it. When you combine multiple tasks into one product, you have to give in on the quality. It's better to have a decent analogue camera and a good oldfasioned disk dail telephone. Nothing beats the feeling of throwing the horn on the hook after a bad phone conversation.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    hmm, what is it you do with a cellphone?
    I have no idea. I haven't seen the need to burden my life with one.

From what I see, people use them as remote controls for other people.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "popular war time point and shoot". hardly. that would have been an agfa "clack" and that's post war.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Uggh! I am already tired of the trendy influx of iphone photographs people have been plastering all over the internet. I guess there is an app that makes an iphone image look like a polaroid that has become all the rage lately.

I’m not a digital hater. In fact I own several digital cameras along with my film cameras. I think as a medium it can certainly be artistic and beautiful. However, I’m getting annoyed at all the photographers who are now putting “iphone galleries” on their web pages and filling them with snapshots nobody really cares to look at.

I don’t know, I feel a little strange complaining about it. After all, I am a toy camera supporter and in a sense it is kind of the same thing. And yet at the same time it’s not.

Maybe I’m just bitter because everywhere I look around me I see people with their faces glued into their phones with that same glossed over stare one gets after watching TV for six hours straight. I always thought photography was about engaging with the world around you and the iphone as whole is the polar opposite of that.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm thinking of getting an Iphone case for my M2, but people may wonder why the case was so big.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arealitystudios View Post
    Uggh...... Maybe I’m just bitter because everywhere I look around me I see people with their faces glued into their phones with that same glossed over stare one gets after watching TV for six hours straight. I always thought photography was about engaging with the world around you and the iphone as whole is the polar opposite of that.
    Very well put.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have no idea. I haven't seen the need to burden my life with one.

From what I see, people use them as remote controls for other people.

Steve.
    Hah, my thoughts exactly! That case looks more like my Bessa R4A than the other P&S.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin