Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,878   Online: 1101

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    This is true, and I have heard several times, from independent sources, that the trend in China (still growing at 10%) favors authenticity i.e. the Chinese consumer is quickly moving away from discounted knockoffs, and there is a new pride associated with owning high-end, brand-name products. If you couple that with abundant cash flow, the Chinese market alone will support quite a lot of price inflation.
    Hilarious (and disappointing) irony in that. The chief producers of cheap crap desiring non-cheap crap for their own stuff.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think that's a bit coarse. The new Chinese consumer is young, educated, and not inclined to work insqualid conditions for low wages. We need to recognize that, encourage responsible behavior, welcome them to the modern world, and let bygones be...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^ Agree. Also quite a bit of the stuff coming out of China now has quality, including photographic gear. Let's remember that years ago Japanese companies also apparently produced "cheap crap" at least according to some.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Hilarious (and disappointing) irony in that. The chief producers of cheap crap desiring non-cheap crap for their own stuff.
    This attitude of belittling and underestimating the opposition, complacency, and not facing facts is one of the reasons we in the West are in the current financial position we are in because South East Asian companys can produce as good or better products in purpose built high tech factorys using modern manufacturing techniques better and cheaper than we in the West can, and the only response that western companys seem to have to the competition is to move their manufacturing facilitys to Asia.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin