Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,395   Online: 784

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    A few years later, I ended up buying the camera and lenses from him so they sit next to the wedding album when not in use and even if it were to break down would not be sold.
    Coincidently, I also own the camera used for my wedding photographs. It's not as exotic as yours though as it's Nikon F601 (N6006 in US I think).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for everyone's reply! Lots of things to research and think about.

In the mean time, can anyone comment on the Yashica Electro? Seems like a cheap camera with a fast lens if you can get it in good condition.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used the Yashica Electro 35 GSN cameras (pair) for about ten years before I went pro. I still used them in rare occasion after, but never for a wedding. Used them for reportage type shooting for school yearbooks. The biggest problem I had with them was the fact they were only aperture priority mode. on a positive note, the metering system was excellent. The lens is decent, but not spectacular. It also is not a quiet camera. Winding often is noisy with a clunk. The rangefinder is pretty good, though.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hmm....AP only...I'm not sure how much I would like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvo86 View Post

Hmm....AP only...I'm not sure how much I would like that.
    A fully restored GSN is a nice camera and the black ones are beautiful. The metering system is simple, intuitive and hard to screw up.

Over the past couple of years I've dug my remaining beater camera out thinking that maybe I'll use it for something. It takes me a couple minutes to remember just how restrictive that auto exposure is. I'm much happier with my OM bodies.

I would actually recommend one of these Cosina/Voigtlander Bessa cameras. The new prices are reasonable and the resale prices are even more so and stable. I've been very tempted to pick one up and equip it with a really bright normal-wide like 35mm.

I never shot a wedding with my Crown Graphic. I was really tempted to, but...
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    35mm
    The Olympus Chrome Sixes came with either a f3.5 or f2.8 lens. The last version (RII) had a rangefinder.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    My father used to use Koni Omega rangefinders for weddings. His employer was a Leica user and bought the Koni as a medium format version of the Leica.

The lenses aren't as fast as you want though: http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Koni-Omega

Steve.
    I used this camera when I was younger for a studio doing weddings. very easy to use. But I did a wedding a couple of years ago with my Hassey and 5 backs. that was a hassle and when I got done shooting, finding a place to develop and make proofs was almost impossible. Everyone is set up now for 35 digital and having you do your wedding books and prints on line and dropping the images onto the page. Just no personal handling anymore. Like the old way but the times have changed.
    PS>> most times your going to use artificial light of some sort during the wedding so film speed should not be that much of a problem.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    But I did a wedding a couple of years ago with my Hassey and 5 backs. that was a hassle and when I got done shooting, finding a place to develop and make proofs was almost impossible.
    Not a problem here in England. There are a few places who will process 35mm or 120 film (I used an RB67) and scan and make proofs. They keep the high resolution files for at least a year and you can re-order using the number printed on the back of the print. No need to send the negatives back to them.

I quite enjoyed using the RB67 which I used with the left hand grip with a Vivitar 285 attached. As we were leaving the registry office, I particularly liked the look of disbelief on the face of the photographer with the next wedding party when he noticed what I was carrying!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin