Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,545   Online: 882

Shooter
    35mm RF

Voigtlander Vito III - Synchro Compur issue

Hi, I managed to pick up an immaculate Voigtlander Vito III recently only to discover there is an issue with the Synchro - Compur M+X shutter (Can't win them all hey). Obviously I'm keen to get this working and shooting film again. I'm thinking about ways to obtain a new shutter mechanism, does anyone know what other cameras the Synchro Compur M+X was used on?? Cheers Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you contacted Chris Sherlock for a possible repair? He's in NZ and he just worked on a Voigtlander Vito II for me. He mostly works on Kodak Retinas but I've I've also sent him a Voigtlander Bessa L in the past. His work is top notch.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~Srawhiti/index.html

Nice catch with your Voigtlander Vito III, maybe someday I'll get one.

Chris

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks Chris, I've only just joined this forum and I love it already!!! I will contact him and see what he thinks. Cheers Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're welcome. I meant to say as well as my Kodak Retinas he also worked on a Voigtlander Vitessa L (the barn door camera, not the Bessa) as well as my Vito II.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm posting it down to him tomorrow, he says he can fix it. Cheers Jason

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just wanted to say thanks again for this info. Camera back and great. Cheers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have you tried it with a film in it? A lot of the Voigtlanders require a film to cock the shutter.

EDIT: Just read the last post!!

Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin