Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,346   Online: 870

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    I use both.

Apart from those situations where an SLR is greatly advantaged (telephotos, close-ups, exact framing), they are also very different ways of working and seeing.

Given the price of gear now, by all means keep both!
    +1. In answer to one of the OP's questions: Owing to the nature of the subject matter I shoot with my Leicas, I would venture to say that these cameras spend the bulk of their time "off-tripod."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My 35 mm equipment spends most of its time off tripod. The larger stuff is just the opposite.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use both as well. Whatever suits the job, or whatever camera I have with me.

Best regards,

/Clay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i use leica R and M -- depends on the job and the mood -- traveling usually means the Leica CL for size and speed of use, but the Leicaflex is just pure sex to use, no two ways about it, and you need the reflex for tele and close-up shooting (or so I rationalize things.)

so, yes, keep the slr -- you will need both at time, if for no other reason that, if you sell it, you will later say "oh, I should have kept that."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin