Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,470   Online: 1119

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not having a rangefinder I've not done that one, nor the lens cap. But I have popped open a camera to put a roll of film in only to discover it's already loaded....
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    I was out doing some street photography with my M2 and pulled up this rangefinder to capture a woman sitting on a bench in a small town reading a book. A small girl was walking by and I took the shot.

Walking back to the car I was internally proud of the shot until I opened the car door and was putting the camera in its bag when I noticed I had a 90mm mounted on the camera and I just knew I had used the entire 35mm frame lines to capture the image and I was very close to the action.

So I knew I did it, shot the wrong #$%^& frame lines on a unique unrepeatable moment. Have you done this too?

Lee
    Yes. It's why I use SLRs primarily.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    *That* error I haven't done for a while (nor the lens cap), but forgetting which film I have loaded all too often (very democratically shared between my rangefinders and >SLRs)...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My favorite is to use yellow and red filters with color film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pobe View Post
    I rarely change lenses so I haven't made that mistake, but I have forgotten the lens cap on a few times and got a bunch of "finger shots" with my 21mm...
    Wow, I got such great looking hands I always shoot them.

Also I really like the yellow or red filters on color films.

I do try to use the spin dial on the back of the camera as a film type reminder. But the Hasselblad backs have a really nice holder for the box top.

The 35mm is back on the M2 now.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once had a customer who bought a Leica M5 from my shop because he wanted "a really good camera for a trip of a lifetime to Africa", he came back a few weeks later complaining bitterly that the camera was faulty because all his pictures were blank, so I shot a film with it and processed it to test it, the negatives were fine, when I showed him the prints he didn't believe I had used his camera and when I questioned him about what his operating sequence was when using the camera I found to my dismay he had left the lens cap on all the time ! .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I once had a customer who bought a Leica M5 from my shop because he wanted "a really good camera for a trip of a lifetime to Africa", he came back a few weeks later complaining bitterly that the camera was faulty because all his pictures were blank, so I shot a film with it and processed it to test it, the negatives were fine, when I showed him the prints he didn't believe I had used his camera and when I questioned him about what his operating sequence was when using the camera I found to my dismay he had left the lens cap on all the time ! .
    No Way. Fess Up, this is a tall one right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hey at least you loaded the film right.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I sold a very clean Nikon Ftn to a guy who took it to the Altai Republic. I made certain to give him the manuals, one for the body and one for the Ftn finder. He came home with a whole bunch of overexposed slide film, because he never looked at the manuals and never knew to do the Nikon shuffle after changing lenses. I've no sympathy at all for lazy fools.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    No Way. Fess Up, this is a tall one right?
    I believe it. See above.

There was an idiot who thought he could fire his rifle with the boresighter in the barrel, too.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 04-12-2012 at 02:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin