Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,340   Online: 815

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Old movie, but an evergreen:

The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    35mm
    Many years ago I was in Northern Thailand with my old Canon AE-1. We got the chance to go to Burma/Myanmar, they opened the border that day for some reason. I was told I shouldn't take any photos but how could I resist?!? I did it seriptisitously (sp?) and got off a few frames. We then had to go back across the boarder and headed up to a Hilltribe Village. I was shooting there and it dawned on me that this was a VERY long roll. Looked at the camera and discovered that the leader never actually took up on the reel! DAMN Lost all of it to one stupid error.
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    As an M2 user, I can't understand how you could do that, as the frame finders change to the lens you are using. Only by accidently moving your finger on the frame finder can you make such a mistake.
    if you're using an LTM 35mm lens with a 90mm M mount adapter it's certainly possible to make such a mistake .

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yet another vote for the Contax G2 solution Between the exposure meter readings in the viewfinder (yes, I DO look at those!) and the extremely long shutter times if you leave the lens cap on, I think I've done the lens-cap dork-up maybe 2-3 times in 200+ rolls.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    I was out doing some street photography with my M2 and pulled up this rangefinder to capture a woman sitting on a bench in a small town reading a book. A small girl was walking by and I took the shot.

Walking back to the car I was internally proud of the shot until I opened the car door and was putting the camera in its bag when I noticed I had a 90mm mounted on the camera and I just knew I had used the entire 35mm frame lines to capture the image and I was very close to the action.

So I knew I did it, shot the wrong #$%^& frame lines on a unique unrepeatable moment. Have you done this too?

Lee
    I'm not a Leica user but I thought the camera automatically brought up the correct frame lines when said lens is mounted. Perhaps an M2 doesn't have FL's for the 90 (I thought it did) or maybe it's 135. I'm a Bessa R user & basically use a 35 or 50 mm lens so I haven't done that one, but I've done every other stupid thing under the sun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    No. Buy I use SLRs.

Did you also leave the lens cap on?
    I meant used not use.

With my Hasselblad 903 SWC, I have bright yellow tape on the lens hood and wrapped around the lens cap. I see the yellow tape in the viewfinder, and that reminds me to check that I removed the lens cap.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Lens cap

If you don't own or use a lens cap, you wont have the problem. But I see even famous people forget to do this:-

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ews_69092.html

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    If you don't own or use a lens cap, you wont have the problem. But I see even famous people forget to do this:-

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...ews_69092.html
    Posh!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Yet another vote for the Contax G2 solution Between the exposure meter readings in the viewfinder (yes, I DO look at those!) and the extremely long shutter times if you leave the lens cap on, I think I've done the lens-cap dork-up maybe 2-3 times in 200+ rolls.
    I just finished the last eight frames of a roll,with the cap on..Seems like I do that about once a year..don't use these small cameras very much..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gb hill View Post
    I'm not a Leica user but I thought the camera automatically brought up the correct frame lines when said lens is mounted. Perhaps an M2 doesn't have FL's for the 90 (I thought it did) or maybe it's 135. I'm a Bessa R user & basically use a 35 or 50 mm lens so I haven't done that one, but I've done every other stupid thing under the sun.
    The M2 does have the frame lines for a 90mm. I have to laugh that I saw the entire frame (35mm size) and composed the image and shot not knowing I still had the 90mm on till I got back to the car. Usually the 35mm is my body cap lens.

Came up with a real film saver recently. In getting used to loading and using film into my father's IIIF I found out you can get about 40+ frames on the leader if you don't get the sprockets to catch when you first load it.

Lee

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin