Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,748   Online: 1239

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Yet another vote for the Contax G2 solution Between the exposure meter readings in the viewfinder (yes, I DO look at those!) and the extremely long shutter times if you leave the lens cap on, I think I've done the lens-cap dork-up maybe 2-3 times in 200+ rolls.
    I just finished the last eight frames of a roll,with the cap on..Seems like I do that about once a year..don't use these small cameras very much..

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lens caps are the enemy. Chuck em.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Large Format
    I haven't had that problem after I got my SLR. But with a 35mm compact it happened every once in a while. Usually with spontanious photographs.
    My dad used to have an 8mm film camera. One day, at one of my sisters graduation, he filmed the part where she received her diploma. Perfectly focussed, steady shot. Back home he realised he accidentally pushed the button right before filming, when he took the camera out of the bag. The outcome was a wonderfull film of my dad's lap, followed with a focus session right before my sister enters the stage. After that, darkness. Followed by an off focus hand, the inside of the bag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best shots are the ones taken with the lens cap on. They were always perfect, except for the lens cap.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    The best shots are the ones taken with the lens cap on. They were always perfect, except for the lens cap.
    Now this makes sense to me.

Off for a weekend shoot in Hocking Hills, w/lens caps.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin