Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,168   Online: 1055

Shooter
    35mm

Where to rent a rangefinder

Hi,

I'm wanting to kick the tires on a rangefinder and was hoping to rent one. I don't have enough money for a Leica so I am going to avoid renting an M9. Does anyone know where I might be able to rent a Zeiss Ikon?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you serious? You want to get a Zeiss Ikon, but say that you can't afford a Leica? You can easily get a number of M bodies for much less than the Ikon. Any M3/M2/M4/M5 will cost you less than the Zeiss, a lot less depending on which one you go for. You can also probably find an M6 for less or about the same price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you put your location in your profile we might be able to make some suggestions or maybe even someone near you might let your try theirs.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    If you put your location in your profile we might be able to make some suggestions or maybe even someone near you might let your try theirs.
    Not with an opening statement including "kick tyres on a rangefinder" - OP should be shot - And now, bugger waiting for dawn!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're completely inexperienced with rangefinders and want to try one, and there are no APUGers near you, why not just buy a more inexpensive model? An Argus C3 can be had for next to nothing, or for under $150 you can get an overhauled FSU rangefinder from Fedka.com.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm located in Asheville, NC, USA. I have no rangefinder experience and would really like to look through a finder and try focusing one. I would hate to spend a lot of money only to find out that I'm an SLR shooter after all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yashica Electro 35s are ultra cheap. Come with a nice 45mm 1.7 lens. Can often be had in the neighborhood of 20 bucks. No interchangeable lens, but a nice solid rangefinder they are. I've got a couple of the wee beasties here. If I was close to you, I'd loan you one.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can rent my Argus. It's $20/day or $50/week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon G-IIIQL's are very affordable. In fact, I have one I never use anymore.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin