Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,393   Online: 717

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Just wanted to thank you, Diapositivo, for your comprehensive response. There are some useful pointers in there, cheers.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A word of warning....I started with a Yashica Electro 35 GSN, now 40 cameras later I have not yet stopped!!!! This camera is widely available, relatively cheap and capable of good results. http://aperturepriority.co.nz/2012/0...mely-reminder/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A word of warning, I started with a Yashica Electro 35 GSN, 40 cameras later I have not stopped....The Yashica is widely available, relatively inexpensive and will give you decent results. You can see some on my website.

Shooter
    Multi Format

The Olympus XA is a decent choice, Then perhaps look at the Voigtlander Bessa series.

Quote Originally Posted by phirehouse View Post
    The Olympus XA is a decent choice also, and is very portable. Maybe, a model with an interchangable lens would be a nice choice if you decide to augment the XA.
    Check this out...
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum65/1...-xa-today.html

Then perhaps look at the Voigtlander Bessa series.

I personally own an Olympus XA as a point & shoot, with my main rangefinders being a

Contax G2, ( with 21 & 28 mm Biogons, a 45 mm Planar, a 90 mm Sonnar ),

( NO 35 mm Planar ) & a Voigtlander Bessa L, ( with 12 & 15 mm LTM Biogons ).

It's a small, relatively light weight package, but Razor Sharp. The advantage here is that

the True Wide Angle Biogon design lenses, eliminate ALL Wide Angle Distortion.

While the 45 mm Planar & 90 mm Sonnar are among the sharpest tested lenses

ever produced.

One does not build a kit like this overnight, but the ends justify the means

& the wait.
    Last edited by Vanishing Point Ent.; 05-19-2012 at 10:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nicely put, Vanishing Point.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sigh. Everyone overlooks the great Vivitar 35ES. Small in size, but massive in quality, both build and optics.

Vivitar 35 ES by Greyscale3, on Flickr

035_3 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin