Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,377   Online: 780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black to chrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Black cameras take better photos than chrome ones. The chrome causes reflections that interfere with the 3D effect which then conflicts with the bokeh and detracts from The Film Look, especially when shooting with The Leica. Black also absorbs errant photons that can degrade micro-contrast and exaggerate chromatic absolution within the Circle of Confucius. And, lastly, black cameras exhibit superior Scheimpflug Principles -- mainly on the Plane of Spain, of course, where it counts the most.

Oh, and they're real chick magnets too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It makes so much sense now that you've explained it!

We need more transparency on which is better for chrome films, though.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    Black cameras take better photos than chrome ones. The chrome causes reflections that interfere with the 3D effect which then conflicts with the bokeh and detracts from The Film Look, especially when shooting with The Leica. Black also absorbs errant photons that can degrade micro-contrast and exaggerate chromatic absolution within the Circle of Confucius. And, lastly, black cameras exhibit superior Scheimpflug Principles -- mainly on the Plane of Spain, of course, where it counts the most.

This made me laugh out loud

Shooter
    Multi Format

Well done my good sir. Well done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hehe, I used to work with a guy who filled the white engraved lettering -- at least the brand -- with black India ink to try and make his Nikon's value less obvious when out in public.

"They can have any color they want, as long as it's black." H. Ford

Shooter
    Multi Format

But black cameras don't have that cool "retro look", whatever the hell that is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tomorrows retro is all about today!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin