Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,685   Online: 802

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you every one for the kind reply to my question.
    Today both lenses have come back to me from the lens repair person. Super Angulon was properly cleaned. But the Summaron f2.8 Screw mount was not. The repair person sent back the lens with memo saying that the lens should not be cleaned. It is foggy but usable, If forced to clean it there might be a chance of de-coating, and the lens will be ruined completely (meaning it will not be a factory spec) He also, suggested that since this particular lens has special coating of blue “having serial number of 1,6 million” He did not want to touch it. I have never heard the Summaron being such a special lens. I was quite stand by his comments. Does anyone know some particular Summaron being special from the others?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know Summarons by serial number.
    Some early coatings are very fragile. Also, on the internal surfaces, coatings not intended to stand up to repeated cleanings were sometimes used. Elements can be recoated, but the question is, is the lens worth it??
    If you have confidence in your technician, you should heed his warning. If not, find a different tech.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks I will just leave as is, thus it takes good pictures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin