Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,118   Online: 848

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What is the leica IIIg viewfinder magnification?

Roughly? I'm curious. I know that it's larger than the other barnacks but I'm not sure how much larger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

it looks like 0.7 - interesting is that you can find easily on the internet about rangefinder - but not about viewfinder magnification of IIIg.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The LEICA IIIf has a 1.5x magnified rangefinder
    are you mean that

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks darkosaric!

Yeah I was interested in the viewfinder magnification for composing. I like the Leica LTM camers but wish that their viewfinders were less squinty. My contemplation is in getting a IIIg or an M3. I currently use Canon 50mm's and don't really care about other focal lengths, but M lenses, maybe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a M3 - get one, it is a joy to use! Loading of the film is much faster and better in M3. Probably when you get used to it - screw mount loading is not painful also, but for me it was. M cameras are faster and better for shooting. Screw mount cameras are smaller and more pocketable - but not IIIg - it is big almost as M3.

@taysirco - yes rangefinder is 1.5x but viewfinder is 0.7.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin