Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,403   Online: 887

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The Amotal is a T2.2, but an f/2 the difference is in the marketing: Bell and Howell were major movie names.
    The Foton goes for mad money, an Amotal lens went on APUG recently for around $1300.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want auto shutter speed than I'd have to say the Minolta XA. Small and easy to use, just set the aperture and go. My choice for fully manual may be controversial but I like my FED-2. Affordable and once you get it aligned right a sturdy camera. Put a collapsible Industar lens and you are set for street photography at a low price.

Just my $0.02 worth. Your results may vary.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Minolta XA? That's a new one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot with a few different rf.'s (M2, MP, M6, M7II) and sold off a few as well. My favorite camera to use when I just want to enjoy being out-and-about is my Leica M2. It is a delight to use.

Best regards,

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elcabezagrande View Post
    Minolta XA? That's a new one.
    Oops! That should have been Olympus XA. I've got Minolta running through my brain right now.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by McFortner View Post
    My choice for fully manual may be controversial but I like my FED-2. Affordable and once you get it aligned right a sturdy camera.
    I second McFortner's vote for the Soviet-era FED-2. I cannot imagine ever parting with mine; it's that good. And it gets a 10/10 in the looks department as well! Mine was about $60; freshly CLA'd, in absolutely pristine condition inside and out, with warranty, from Landrey at Synoptics Camera Shop in Kiev. I added a $15 "Gordy" wrist strap.

So, a very inexpensive half-century old camera that is capable of outstanding photographs with its sharp Industar 26 lens. And if it still isn't quite cool enough for you, just add the KMZ turret viewfinder to the accessory shoe. The ultimate in cool; a camera that looks like a gatling gun!

Glen
    Focus On Newfoundland

1960 FED-2(D6) rangefinder

1960 FED-2(D6) rangefinder with KMZ turret viewfinder

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rpsawin View Post
    I shoot with a few different rf.'s (M2, MP, M6, M7II) and sold off a few as well. My favorite camera to use when I just want to enjoy being out-and-about is my Leica M2. It is a delight to use.

Best regards,

Bob
    Isn't it just, the ultimate machine.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    Super-cool? Depends on whom you are trying to impress. For knowledgeable RF users with a sense of history, maybe I'd back Hensoldt Reporter; Ilford Witness; Combat Graphic 70mm; Linhof Press 70.

To use... Well, that's a different matter.

Cheers,

R.
    Why not a Graflex Super Graphic, or a Linhoff 220 ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Coolest rangefinder? The Voigtlander Vitessa L with the f2 Ultron lens. Vitessa, Ultron ... even the names sound good, and it takes good pictures, too.

Here're pictures for those who don't know of the camera: http://www.cameraquest.com/voitvitl.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    The Minolta CL was pretty cool, though I never owned one.
    http://www.cameraquest.com/leicacl.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin