Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,554   Online: 1119

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Coolest Rangefinder

Having now spent the last couple of weeks looking into (cheap) rangefinders I have an idea of what a good one is and what the not so good are. Now I'm interested to know what you think is the 'coolest' rangefinder. Can be cheap or expensive, I'm looking to do a little blog post on 'cool' cameras after discovering the Carl Zeiss Jena Werra 1. I've no idea if it performs well but I thought it was a bit of a design icon.

What's the coolest rangefinder camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Konica Hexar AF!

Shooter
    35mm
    In my opinion, Nikon S2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unfortunately, in my experience, some of the coolest looking ones also have the worst ergonomics (such as the Werra).

Leica LTM, it's various clones and Leica M definitely have an adavantage in sheer usability over most other classic ones (not talking about recent ZI or Bessas).

But the Werra, Retina IIIS, a number of Voigtländers and other Retinas, the more advanced Braun Paxettes and the Soviet Leningrad definitely have a high "cool" content.
    In the LTM clone world, the Zorki 3 also looks great (and tends to be well-made as well).

P.S, Arrrgh! Forgot the Contax and its clones... Though the ergonomics caveat applies strongly here as well...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've owned and used almost any kind of RF camera so far, I could easily say that I love more (with no particular order):
    1. Iskra (I wear spectacles and it is still easy to frame and focus)
    2. Retina IIIC (The smallest camera with no compromises ever)
    3. Leicas M (M6 & CL)
    4. Yashica 35 CC (useful lens focal length and reliable automatic exposure)
    If I had to keep just one then I would keep them all, or maybe with a gun on my head the Iskra (it gives better image quality among the four).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not sure of how to define cool but, if it realtes to enjoyable to use and a bit on the I like to show off side, then some of the Ikonta series from Zeiss and the Leica CL spring to mind but, if outside the range finders to zone focusing cameras then the Minox 35 ML and others form the company and for me the Voughtlander Vito. If other types of cameras, the Rolleiflex is the defintie one for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Argus C3!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Answering the same answer in two different forums, to two different questions: The New Mamiya 6 or 6MF. Coolest rangefinder made (in my oh so humble opinion...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any of the koni-omega 's .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cameras are just tools their prime function isn't to be "cool", and massage the owners image.
    Ben

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin