Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,162   Online: 965

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

CV type II adapter

Does the type II adapter work for 50mm with ltm lenses with infinity lock?

I'm specifically interested in the compatibility with the nikkor 50mm f1.4 and canon 50mmf 1.5.

I read that it shouldn't but others have confirmed otherwise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this an LTM to M adapter? Infinity locks on the lens are unaffected by the adapter in that case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From Cameraquest,

Voigtlander TYPE II 28/90, 35/135, 50/75 Leica Screw Mount Adapters

$59 Introduced Sept 2007. Type II adapters were introduced to allow bar coding for Leica M8/8.2/9 M cameras (adapters not sold with bar coding). Type II adapters also work some infinity lock lenses IF the infinity lock is set back from the end of the lens barrel -- like the Leitz 50/1.5 Summarit.

Voigtlander Type I 50/75 Leica Screw Mount Adapter

$69 50/75 Type I adapters can NOT be bar coded for digital Leicas, BUT work well on older lenses which have infinity locks located at the back of the lens barrel near the camera body. Type II adapters usually don't mount on lenses with infinity locks, that is why you use Type I. Type I adapters can NOT be bar coded for digital Leicas like the Leica M8/8.2/9.

Actually, I didn't really read it carefully. It seems that type I is ideal but type II doesn't work for some lenses. I'm not sure if they work for the ones I'm interested in mounting. The Type I, I believe, are discontinued and more difficult to find. Maybe I should just pay for a Leica one and assume that I'll have no issues.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

If you dont have LTM lenses with infinity locks, dont worry any of the CV adapters will work ok.

If you do have lenses with infinity locks then some of these will/may foul the edge of the type II adapter and you will not be able to focus to or from infinity. But a good machine shop should be able to mill on the pads for M8 coding or mill away the mount edge to clear (i.e. not interfere with) an infinity lock. There is a lot of metal removed for the infinity lock...

Ive only got early CV adapters and some are suitable and some not suitable for infinity lock lenses, a pain if they foul cause Ive not tried to see if the foul or not, bound to happen away from home...

Noel

http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigt...sh/acce-e.html

[edit]
    My Nikkor 5cm HC, Canon 5cm f/1.8 & Canon 28mm f/2.8 (to hand) all clear the unmilled adapter e.g. type II but the elmar clones might not do. The Nikon and Canons all have locks that are some way forward of the LTM registration plane.
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Xmas; 05-29-2012 at 09:44 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: trial fit

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Not sure as far as the infinity locks go, but the biggest difference between the "Type I" and "Type II" adapters is additional metal that's missing on the flange of the Type I so that you can hand-code the lens for use on digital M cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin