Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,205   Online: 929

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi again Pluto,

don't ask yourself MP or not MP - ask yourself which viewfinder magnification you will put in your MP a la carte order: 0.85, 0.72, 0.58 ...

Just go for it!

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Speaking of Leica, there are ridiculously expensive, even when you pay in Euro
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thans so much.
    I've read and read again all your posts and, of course, any decision has been taken.
    Now, why should one decide for a MP rather than a M7? Of course, again, I beg you to avoid any technical subject
    Joseph

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Personal decision on your part. Do you want the camera to determine exposure for you automatically (M7)? Or would you prefer to do it yourself (MP). Maybe try both cameras and see what you prefer?

Jim B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both a K1000 bought new in the mid 80's, and a M6 bought new in the 90's. I seldom use the K1000, although it to works great. That said, I recently found out how well made a Pentax MX is and would take one of those for a fraction of the cost of a MP, or even an M6.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm not going to try to dissuade you from buying an MP, though many of the previous posters comments are quite valid. I do think you should try a cheaper Leica or Bessa first to see if you even like the concept of rangefinder cameras though. Before you drop many thousands of $ for something you might not like at all. It's a lot different from shooting on a camera like the F6.

But, if you try it and like it, the MP is a wonderful camera. Too expensive for me; I'd rather just get a good M6 and save the difference. But if you have the extra money to spare, why not? Actually, I lied, I wouldn't get an M6 anymore. M7s are dropping in price fast enough that you can get a good one for about $500-600 more than an M6. As I prefer M7s over the none-auto Ms, that's what I shoot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Too old to care View Post
    ...I recently found out how well made a Pentax MX is and would take one of those for a fraction of the cost of a MP, or even an M6.
    I agree!

I was amazed when I discovered that the well-made Pentax ME was smaller than a Leica M2 rangefinder.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronnypersson/6216896904/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5226992373/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pentax ME vs Leica M2.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my M2. I have been wanting another one, but economic reality prevents me from getting one at the present time. You can buy a few M2's for the price of a new MP. I have used an MP, but am still happy with my M2.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhcfires View Post
    I love my M2. I have been wanting another one, but economic reality prevents me from getting one at the present time. You can buy a few M2's for the price of a new MP. I have used an MP, but am still happy with my M2.
    So do I, but why do you want another one, you can only use one at a time?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    So do I, but why do you want another one, you can only use one at a time?
    I'm a packrat. I can always use another one, my kid likes to "borrow" my cameras when he comes to visit. I usually let him use my IIIf.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin