Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,373   Online: 720

Shooter
    Medium Format

Help with Canon Model III

This is my first time using a rangefinder, and I am having trouble removing the take-up spool from the camera. It's a Canon Model III. I have the manual here, and all it says is... pull out the take-up spool. It won't budge. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Sarah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Sarah, is this the model where you remove the baseplate to load and unload film? Sorry, I'm going off a manual for a different model here, so I'm not sure if they're the same.
    Anyway, if that is the case, the take up spool has a spring catch and, by turning the top of the take up spool a little, it should pop up, allowing you to get a better grip.

Hope this helps,
    Molli

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Molli,
    Thanks for your help. I got it out finally! It really needed a good tug. Thanks again.
    Sarah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You're welcome, Sarah. Have fun!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In case you don't have one here is a link to a free downloadable pdf manual for your camera..

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/canon/c..._model_iii.htm
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin