Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,509   Online: 1104

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^^I must admit, I laughed out loud.^^
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    https://www.inventables.com/categori...r-cutting/wood

Haha I found a source of wood veneers, in various types and styles. For around $5 you can have a one that is paper backed with glue, and you can cut peel and stick on.

For $25 you can get a roll that is thin and flexible enough to be printed through a inkjet printer.

Also: bonus

https://www.inventables.com/categori...ural-materials

Cork material looks really nice, I might do a cork refinishing soon. I had an iphone case in real cork and had lots of compliments on it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yesterday I made a mock-up from paper to see how dificult it would be to make a veneer finish on my SLR camera. It seems to be dead easy. Later today I'm going to get some veneer and give it a try.
    Pics later.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Forgot to mention: I've got a couple of screw-on filters, I bought at a flea market. They are 55 and 52mm, but the lens I've got is 49mm. With that same flea market find I've got a slide-in filter holder with three sizes of screw-on rings. 49, 52 and 55mm. I've made a jig to hold several rings with filter onto the lens. It's basically a couple of plywood hexagons with holes to fit the rings with lenses, held together with screws. With that DIY plywood holder, it would look nice to have a matching camera. Again, pics later.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Some pictures:

It's a 49mm UV filter, a 52mm Polariser and a 55mm Polariser.
    I got to cut of the ends of the screws. They are not in the way of the image, but they don't have to be that long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool is that for variable nd? I've played with a similar stacked setup with a linear and circular polarizer. Do you get a vignette?

Shooter
    Large Format
    They are both linear. When you turn one polarizer, the filters turn graduatly darker. No vingette.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yesterday I cut wood veneer into shape and stained it the same colour as the filter holder I just made. Maybe this evening I might glue the veneer on the camera. Pics later.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Hmmm. Veneered cameras. Pretty, but my Deardorff is solid mahogany, of a grade no longer available....anywhere, at any price.
    And I was about to say someone should make a camera entirely out of wood.
    How did I forget about any of the wooden LF behemoths?

Still, time to make a wooden pinhole camera that takes 35mm on all wooden parts. if just veneer is worth a few grand, one camera and I should be set for life

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You, know what? Those would not sell for $200, a fair price. But put a premium price on them and, Hot Cakes!

They are for sale to those who understand that you get what you pay for. A little bit of product and a lot of Blarney!

Just what the people who pay several bucks for a bottle of tap water from Mexico City, deserve. Something else to one up their friends and neighbors with.

It's "Art!" (Note quotes, caps, and exclamation point. Far more valuable than just... It's art).

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin