Yesterday I made a mock-up from paper to see how dificult it would be to make a veneer finish on my SLR camera. It seems to be dead easy. Later today I'm going to get some veneer and give it a try.
Forgot to mention: I've got a couple of screw-on filters, I bought at a flea market. They are 55 and 52mm, but the lens I've got is 49mm. With that same flea market find I've got a slide-in filter holder with three sizes of screw-on rings. 49, 52 and 55mm. I've made a jig to hold several rings with filter onto the lens. It's basically a couple of plywood hexagons with holes to fit the rings with lenses, held together with screws. With that DIY plywood holder, it would look nice to have a matching camera. Again, pics later.